Best way to fix overscan
I'm running XBMC 11/Eden on my Apple TV 2 and I'm getting some of the UI cut off (menus, date/time, rss feed, playback UI, etc.). What's the best technique for getting everything in without stretching/distorting/skewing the UI and videos during playback?
first explore TV zoom/calibration settings, then, if still needed, XBMC's calibration in

Settings/System/Video output (wiki)
In video output setting in XBMC, what is the best method? Pull in top left and bottom right using the same numbers? Decrease the aspect ratio incrementally until everything fits in properly? Tweak aspect ratio by X for every Y units in top left/bottom right?
It will ask you to calibrate two corners, then it will ask you to calibrate a square to cancel out any aspect ratio problems. Actual numbers depends on the TV/display (oddly enough, there are some odd variations for HD TVs where they have slightly different number of pixels).
really, I still have to find the first modern tv that doesn't display an apple tv2 right,
you really don't have to adjust xbmc but your TV
(2012-06-10, 09:00)Jester Wrote: really, I still have to find the first modern tv that doesn't display an apple tv2 right,
you really don't have to adjust xbmc but your TV

Well it would suck to have to manually adjust the TV settings every time I switch to XBMC on the Apple TV 2. Besides, I don't think its the TV - the same XBMC version with the same skins don't get cut off on my HTPC (which is also outputting via HDMI). Also, the Apple TV iOS UI displays just fine too (not cut offs). My digital cable box's UI doesn't cut off either and that's outputting in 720p too.
(2012-06-09, 04:58)Ned Scott Wrote: first explore TV zoom/calibration settings, then, if still needed, XBMC's calibration in

Ha! You were right. My TV allows for different settings for each HDMI input. I changed it from "Normal" to "+1" and everything fits in the screen now. Thanks!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to fix overscan0