GPU shows a question mark in Eden
I have been using the xbmc version that is included in Ubuntu 12.04. It has taken some time but I have got everything working in the XBMC session, so I can have XBMC running as it does in the xbmcfreak version. The only thing that works in xbmcfreak that does not work in my version is that the GPU temp shows a question mark rather than the GPU temperature. Does anyone know how xbmcfreak shows this, rather than a question mark ?

I am using an acer R3610, with kernel 3.4, nvidia graphics driver 302.11 beta. The question mark issue has always been there, even with the original kernel and graphics drivers, but upgraded the kernel and graphics driver, so the refresh rate would change. Hardware acceleration etc is working perfectly.

Can anyone give me any way of getting the GPU to be displayed in xbmc? Is there any additional sensor packages I need to install? By the way, the CPU is displayed correctly in XBMC.

Thanks for any assistance from anyone with more experience of XBMC.
Hi there.

Do you have the following line in your "advancedsettings.xml"?

Code:
<gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>

If not, you can add it and see if that fixes it. If not, try this line instead:

Code:
<gputempcommand>echo &quot;$(nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp) C&quot;</gputempcommand>

Good luck!
Thanks, interestingly there was not an advancedsettings.xml file in my userdata folder, so I created one.

I tried the first option, still a question mark in xbmc, tried the second one and it worked.

For everyone - this is what the advancedsettings.xml file looked like so you can copy and paste it.

<advancedsettings>
<gputempcommand>echo &quot;$(nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp) C&quot;</gputempcommand>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPU shows a question mark in Eden0