"Force Track" Option for Subtitles
I may be using the wrong term...however it's the only way I know how to describe my request, So allow me to explain what I mean...I quite often use MKVToolNix (aka MKVmerge GUI) to help me edit, append, and add both audio streams and subtitles to video files...and I often find myself having to edit one entire video file if somewhere in the film, someone speaks in a foreign language...for the entire film I do not need subtitles except for those 5 minutes that someone speaks french in an english movie or something...so when that happens, I have to load up mvkmerge gui, select the subtitle track and say "force track: yes"...then I mux the mkv (which can be a long process if it is a large 1080p film) and then when I play it on XBMC it will play with the subtitles disabled acording to the xbmc gui...however, the subtitles will be "forced" when I need them (when they speak in a foreign language) and this works very well...

My question is (as long as there is an associated subtitle file locally saved, or part of the file as I have it often in mkvs) would it be possible to add the option to "force" that associated subtitle (which may be picked from a list if there is more than 1 subtitles as it is now with a basic enable/disable in the current GUI) so that I will never have to open a third party program and spend 30 mins editing a mkv in order to watch a great film and understand the language I do not know?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Force Track" Option for Subtitles0