how to store media
hi all please help, i've got xbmc installed on my zotac zbox, all i really want is a to be able to play films and music on my telly, if i put a usb stick in i can play movies of that but what i really need to know is how to store films on the zotacs hard drive, i would also like to do this wireless if i can, i've had a bit of a fiddle around and i've managed to locate my pc but its asking for a username and password but i've not got a clue what they are! to be honest i just want to store music and films and watch back on my telly
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133067

Why two threads?
desperate and not many replys
You've now posted a third thread with this exact same thing.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133093

Won't get you replies any faster and general forum courtesy is to wait at least 24 hours before bumping a thread. Wink

Why don't you go back to your first thread and give a little more info as to the OS on your system, how you are trying to access it, etc....
To me you just need a large external USB drive.

(2012-06-04, 05:18)poofyhairguy Wrote: To me you just need a large external USB drive.

+1
from reading his other posts, I think his question is more about how to copy the files from his flash drive to be stored on his local hard drive, is that right ese?

If so, you'll want to use a file manager application and that will depend on what operating system you are using. Are you using Windows or some form of Linux?
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-06-03, 19:24)eselocos Wrote: hi all please help, i've got xbmc installed on my zotac zbox, all i really want is a to be able to play films and music on my telly, if i put a usb stick in i can play movies of that but what i really need to know is how to store films on the zotacs hard drive, i would also like to do this wireless if i can, i've had a bit of a fiddle around and i've managed to locate my pc but its asking for a username and password but i've not got a clue what they are! to be honest i just want to store music and films and watch back on my telly

It seems you need to do some reading on how to share drives. If you do not know "username an password" is because you probably never set it up in the first place on the computer to are trying to read from.
And about wireless, try to avoid it you can... it's just not as reliable a good ol' cable...
(2012-06-04, 07:12)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-06-04, 05:18)poofyhairguy Wrote: To me you just need a large external USB drive.

+1

+2 Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to store media0