[RELEASE] YAC Listener (Caller ID)
Hi, I'm not using this addon anymore as I cut my home phone service from my telecom company and went with voip.ms. So no more analog caller ID.

@NordishByNature. Because I'm not using this addon anymore, I don't have plans to develop it anymore. Perhaps you'd like to continue with it (on GitHub).

Regarding Mobile phone integration, this addon isn't necessary for that. You just need Tasker ($2.99) for Android phones (I'm not sure what app works for other phones like iphones). With Tasker, I created an "Incoming Call" profile that checks to see if I'm at home (based on wifi) when I receive a call and then it does an HTTP Get task with:
Server/Port: "MyXbmcIPAddress:8080" (or "xbmc:xbmc@MyXbmcIPAddress:8080" if you have a username and password enabled; change xbmc:xbmc as required)
Path: "jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ShowNotification","params":{"title":"Call from:","message":"%CNAME: %CNUM"},"displaytime":7000,"id":1}"
Timeout: "1"
Mime Type: "text/plain"
Continue Task After Error: Checked. Useful if you have a few subsequent tasks or other HTTP Gets you also want to run and you might have an xbmc box suspended or down for whatever reason.

That is enough to have the Caller Id from my mobile phone broadcasted to my xbmc box(es) for 7000 milliseconds.

@tnkrer. I couldn't get the addon to work whenever another YAC Listener was running on that computer. I believe it is because the first listener opens up the socket exclusively and the second listener won't receive the broadcasted caller ID information from the YAC Server. You actually can use another listener on the same machine that this addon runs, just not at the same time. You could use something like EventGhost for Windows to kill the first YAC Listener whenever xbmc starts and start it again when xbmc exits.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YAC Listener (Caller ID)2