Aeon Nox 3.0/XBMC Crash and reverts back to "factory settings"
Hi All,

Since the 3.0 update, I have experienced the following 3 times already, twice on a friends system and yesterday it happened on my own system.

Browsing the library, pausing/skipping a movie, adding subtitles, it doesn't seem to matter at what point, but XBMC crashes.
After a forced shutdown, i startup XBMC again and it reverts back to the Confluence skin. When manually choosing Aeon Nox again, it does load but with standard settings. All my customized work on the script has been lost.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

I will try and get some more info and/or logging if i can find any.
(2012-06-06, 18:32)Ballistic Wrote: Hi All,

Since the 3.0 update, I have experienced the following 3 times already, twice on a friends system and yesterday it happened on my own system.

Browsing the library, pausing/skipping a movie, adding subtitles, it doesn't seem to matter at what point, but XBMC crashes.
After a forced shutdown, i startup XBMC again and it reverts back to the Confluence skin. When manually choosing Aeon Nox again, it does load but with standard settings. All my customized work on the script has been lost.

i highly doubt that it has to do with the skin.
i had a similar behaviour when the hard disk was completely full.. if that was not the case only debug log can help.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I had this happen to me once before on the last version of Aeon Nox before 3.0. Could never figure it out so I reinstalled XBMCBuntu on my set up. Installed Aeon Nox 3.0 today and haven't had any problems, but I backup my Userdata often.
(2012-06-06, 18:32)Ballistic Wrote: Hi All,

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

^^^ explains how to find your debug logs Smile

Hello,

This is also the third time the skin has completely reverted to factory confluence as well. Lucky for me I made a back up of the entire media center drive with all my settings after the second time. However even after I copied the entire contents of the .xbmc/userdata folder to the xbmc install on my media center, changed the skin back to Aeon Nox and rebooted, I am still missing ALL of my custom menu, wallpaper, and program settings from the main menu. Is there a way to restore all this so I don't have to sit for 3 hrs again and set it all up? Thanks in advance
(2012-06-24, 17:13)idtjes3 Wrote: Hello,

This is also the third time the skin has completely reverted to factory confluence as well. Lucky for me I made a back up of the entire media center drive with all my settings after the second time. However even after I copied the entire contents of the .xbmc/userdata folder to the xbmc install on my media center, changed the skin back to Aeon Nox and rebooted, I am still missing ALL of my custom menu, wallpaper, and program settings from the main menu. Is there a way to restore all this so I don't have to sit for 3 hrs again and set it all up? Thanks in advance

you cannot exchange guisettings.xml when xbmc is running.
what does the log tell you? i´m sure it isn´t skin-related.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Just had this happen to me Sad

Still working through it
(2012-07-18, 10:21)simonk83 Wrote: Just had this happen to me Sad

Still working through it

complete reset?
checked hard disk space?
This happened also to me yesterday. HDD space used is 40% of total disk space, so that isn't the problem.
It happened to me too 2 days ago. Mine was after I did a manual git pull. I thought the reset was was done intentionally so I thought nothing of it.
never had that...(and i think noone runs the skin as much as me)
we´d need a debug log to investigate that.
I have had this happen to me 3 times now. I really should learn to back up all my custom settings. I also have more than 80% of my HDD free (all my media is stored on another network location).

I've had this problem at least half a dozen times now, I've tried fresh installs on a new hard drive and a USB stick, it seems that at least half the times I reboot, everything goes back to factory settings, it's fine if I can leave my machine on, but that's just not always practical.

I was honestly getting so sick of this I was thinking of going back to WMC, but I had never considered it could be related to the skin, seems much too common a theme to be a coincidence, anyone seeing this issue with any other skin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 3.0/XBMC Crash and reverts back to "factory settings"0