Win Screens flickering, stuttering video H.264 w/ DXVA, Acer Aspire One w/ Intel GMA 3600
(2013-02-07, 22:48)aelfwyne Wrote: Good news, everybody!

If you have a device with GMA 3600 (such as the Foxconn NT-i1200 or the Acer at the beginning of this thread) there's a new graphics driver!

Aero/Desktop Performance went up to 5.9 from 2.6 (I have a hard time believing that!).... But it does feel faster.

Thing is, Intel is following their OEM only policy here, so this time the driver is from (get this) a TABLET... but it installs on any GMA 3600 without issue.

The driver is for MotionComputing CL-910 and can be found here: http://www.motioncomputing.com/support/d...0_win7.asp

The current version is 8.14.8.1089 which is newer than the versions we've been piddling with before (1077 and a few others). As I said, the desktop performance is noticeably snappier. XBMC menus seemed quicker as well, though I did notice a graphical artifact in the middle of the screen a couple of times...

Definitely worth a try if you're stuck on a GMA 3600... Btw, Intel has officially dropped any further support, so no Windows 8 for this "legacy" chipset that is of course still in production.

The quoted posting saved my day. I have a PB Dot-sc netbook, shipped with the driverversion 8.14.6.1065, causing the flickering of the XBMC GUI.

The preinstalled driver do not allow for updating with never drivers from Intel's site. The vendor, Packard Bell, do not offer never drivers. Stuck in a catch 22 situation. Until I tried the suggested 8.14.8.1089 CL-910 version. The driver from CL could be installed, and the flickering is gone.

Thanks to aelfwyne

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screens flickering, stuttering video H.264 w/ DXVA, Acer Aspire One w/ Intel GMA 36000