Linux Nightly Build HDMI
Im not sure if this is where to post this. I have been experiementing with the nightly builds. Everything is running fine with one exception. I have my audio set to HDMI and 5.1 as that is the setup I have. All sound works fine until I play a mkv movie file. The video is going very fast and no audio. I have to goto the sound option on the screen and change it from HDMI to Analog to get normal speed and audio. Not sure if its a bug or what. I guess my question is, if its set to Analog am I still getting 5.1 audio??
I am also testing the nigthly build from nathan*, is that the one you are using or you compiled your self?
I can't get HDMI to work at all with that build.

I have you tried unchecking the "capable" options instead of switching to analog?
I compile myself.

Hdmi works until I play a video. Then must switch to analog, no other options work. What is this Nathan?
I am testing with the only nighly ppa build I can find and I was refering to https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewaldock.
I will probably wait until the June monthly and test again then.
(2012-06-10, 10:50)vikjon0 Wrote: I will probably wait until the June monthly and test again then.
Yep, me too. Behaves funny on my system. First I can't get sound to work, though the right devices are detected and XBMC plays mkv's (I haven't tested anything else) like it's fast forwarding them.
Very odd.

I'm having this same problem, from what i have read there is something about detecting sample rates, its supposed to do it automatically now with audio engine, something might have gone wrong with the bitstreaming side of it however, because im not getting this problem on PCM stereo streams....
PS - Compiled from GIT source, using Fedora 17.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Nightly Build HDMI0