• 4(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
Thank you Olympia.
Ever since allmusic stopped allowing bios and reviews from being scraped, I've been trying to find a way to get a mixture of the datas from other sites (and what data allmusic had), so thank you for both of the scrapers
Hi olympia,
can you check if it possible to add amazon.de as additional site for german album info??

In the past I use only the amazon album scraper http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...azon+Album

But this scaper is broken so I must add manually add the amazon album info to my album.nfo

Thanks
Regards Zippolighter
If you add the link on MusicBrainz and MusicBrainz accepts this, I can have a look.
(2012-06-28, 13:50)olympia Wrote: If you add the link on MusicBrainz and MusicBrainz accepts this, I can have a look.

As an example. For the Album "Living Things" from "Linkin Park" a link for the amazon.de is available. http://musicbrainz.org/release/7f1a6e87-...3525607310

The correct part for the album info is under the titlelist that has the title "Kurzbeschreibung". In this example the album info starts with "Living Things ist ein persönliches Album..." and ended with "...sechs Musiker ihr Leben gewidmet haben."

Zippolighter
Hard stuff. Normally the scraper collects information (like links) from the release-group level (not the release level).
In the above case the amazon link is registered at release level.

It is technically possible to use this, but it's not good logic that the scraper some times takes links from the release-group level and in other cases from release level.
(2012-06-29, 15:22)olympia Wrote: Hard stuff. Normally the scraper collects information (like links) from the release-group level (not the release level).
In the above case the amazon link is registered at release level.

It is technically possible to use this, but it's not good logic that the scraper some times takes links from the release-group level and in other cases from release level.
I understand, but for amazon a link is only possible via release level in Musicbrainz
Then it doesn't worth the hassle (for example we have currently no control on what release the scraper selects, so you would end up registering the link on all release).
I add the link on the release-group level as review page on musicbrainz
will MB accepts this?

In any case, give v1.2.0 a try Wink
Works very well.

Thank you very much. Smile
Hi olympia,
Now I found a small problem with the scraped album info from amazon.de.

If the album info divide in some sections, the result shows in xbmc one ongoing text, without cariage return/linefeed

Example of a album info divide in sections: http://www.amazon.de/Let-It-Be-Roberta-F...904&sr=1-4

Thanks
Zippolighter
no cure for this, sorry.
Hi olympia,
I try to add the album October Sky from Stanfour to the db.
The album have the url to allmusic and to amazon. Generelly all is fine, but the entry in musicbrainz have no runtime per title. The duration per title is available in allmusic and also in amazon.

Is it possible to check if the runtime is empty to look on allmusic or amazon to add the runtime to the songs??

Thanks
Zippolighter
(2012-07-05, 22:20)Zippolighter Wrote: Hi olympia,
I try to add the album October Sky from Stanfour to the db.
The album have the url to allmusic and to amazon. Generelly all is fine, but the entry in musicbrainz have no runtime per title. The duration per title is available in allmusic and also in amazon.

Is it possible to check if the runtime is empty to look on allmusic or amazon to add the runtime to the songs??

Thanks
Zippolighter
Perhaps you can fill in the runtime at MusicBrainz?
Every little addition of info makes it better.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
yeah, that's the way. This is not something which I can down in the scraper anyway.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7