• 5(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
Yes, that's possible, but I think is normal to reduce the amount of effort. It is necessary if the information not available. But if the information are available on different sites, it make not sense to enter the information again. For one album is it ok, but if you add some houndred albums to the db, the effort is too big add informations that avialable in the net.

The name Universal Scraper sounds for the users, that all available informations load from some sides. And it's work for info and rating etc.

Indepence of this view, is it now the scraper If I get the most information that I need, so it's a good scraper
(2012-07-06, 08:38)Zippolighter Wrote: Yes, that's possible, but I think is normal to reduce the amount of effort. It is necessary if the information not available. But if the information are available on different sites, it make not sense to enter the information again. For one album is it ok, but if you add some houndred albums to the db, the effort is too big add informations that avialable in the net.

So a little effort on the user side it too much trouble i guess.....
Let me tell you that i have done hundreds of albums. Adding info and url, making cdarts, searching for covers and uploading them so others can benefit from that.
Sure it takes some time but if you want your library to be top notch it's worth it.
A lot of others did the same so you guys can scrape your albums to near perfection.

MusicBrainz is the central source for scraping music so it makes sence that that one is as complete as it can be.

And like already said it's not possible

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Zippolighter

I am sure you feel I am responsive to requests which make sense or bugs which needs to be fixed.
So when I am saying no, then you should accept that and being a little bit more grateful than you are in overall (e.g. I am pretty sure no one use the amazon scraper except you, but I did it for you in no time, no?) and don't start bitching about it trying to explain me things or using an argument like what universal means.

There are some technical reasons or you could call it limitations to the scraper framework which don't allow you to do this, but there is also a logical one which you should figure without having me in between to explain. On MusicBrainz there are a couple of releases from the same release-group which we scrape. How the hell you would ensure that you scrape the same release e.g. from allmusic.com where there is only available one?

I know that you are contributing and adding links to MusicBrainz and maybe you do other stuff and thank you for this, but there are others who do a lot more (including Martijn or myself), so don't start discusing about efforts here. Some contribution doesn't entitle you for being ungrateful here.
Can the developers please fix the well-known "infinite loop" problem? (See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1145001)
No, they can't. I am not aware of any "infinite loop" problem, the thread you linked is about something completely else, nor I am aware of the several threads you are referring to and also don't understand how a scraper problem could be resolved by .../userdata/Thumbnails/Music folder.
@olympia: the scraper sometimes arbitarily selects releases (mainly, non-US) for scraping, even as that release is inappropriate. Could it be possible to select the correct release from the releases list on 'manual album info refresh'? For, e.g., the scraper scrapes Parade Of Athletes with the Mexican release (ignores US or other releases). Also, World Mix Album (dao dezi) gets the Russian release, inspite of an US Release
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2012-07-15, 06:25)bandelguy Wrote: @olympia: the scraper sometimes arbitarily selects releases (mainly, non-US) for scraping, even as that release is inappropriate. Could it be possible to select the correct release from the releases list on 'manual album info refresh'? For, e.g., the scraper scrapes Parade Of Athletes with the Mexican release (ignores US or other releases). Also, World Mix Album (dao dezi) gets the Russian release, inspite of an US Release

Discussion and possible workarounds on the first page of this thread.
I can't scrape Kasabian - Velociraptor! and the scraper prompt me to input album name and artist. If I get rid of the exclamation sign, then the album is scraped properly.
Regards tag accuracy:
Full MusicBrainz ID support is coming. We need a version of TagLib that isn't available yet - which will be a showstopper - so we're paused there right now. Otherwise if you already tag your music with MusicBrainz, you will get release accurate matches once that is released. If you have issues with scraping accuracy, I would urge you to start tagging your music with MusicBrainz in preparation for this.

Regarding other sites:
MusicBrainz supports features for accurate scraping (through MBIDs) that no other sites offer and they are really the only site that can offer us 100% tag accuracy. If you care about tag, fan art, and thumb accuracy - MusicBrainz is the way to go. Anything else always has incorrect matches, inaccurate data, etc. Thanks in advance for time you invest in improving data quality there.

Regards an infinite loop:
Can you describe this in more detail or give me the steps to reproduce please? I've just entirely rerolled that loop in the MusicBrainz change so I suggest we can test again.
hi
non of the "album information" addons are working properly, its really rare that the scraper finds relevant information about the album Sad
why?
r
Thank you for this wonderful scraper and its counterpart "Universal Artist Scraper". I can finally organize my music properly in XBMC! I have notice one problem with both of them. When scraping an artist or an album whose name has a punctuation mark in it, such as P!nk, the scraper will not find the artist. I tried changing the settings, but to no avail. It seems to use the punctuation mark as a full stop, so it searches for P nk.

If this has been posted before, I apologize for cluttering the forum. Thank you again for your hard work with this Scraper!
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
you can use an nfo file with the MusicBrainz link in it to workaround the issue (which is I think something to do with the MusicBrainz search or encoding issue - I might look at this later).

edit: this is actually a MusicBrainz thing:
This is the search URL the scraper uses in case of p!nk:
http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artis...rtist:p!nk
As being said, you can workaround this with the nfo file with the dircect link to the artist on MB.
(2012-08-26, 16:07)olympia Wrote: you can use an nfo file with the MusicBrainz link in it to workaround the issue (which is I think something to do with the MusicBrainz search or encoding issue - I might look at this later).

As being said, you can workaround this with the nfo file with the dircect link to the artist on MB.

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of doing nfo files for my music as I have my all of my videos. This just reinforces it. Give me a hardware problem to fix and I am okay, but with a software problem, I am a babe in the woods. So, I raise a glass to you in thanks for not only your reply, but in making a scraper that actually works for music.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
(2012-08-26, 16:07)olympia Wrote: you can use an nfo file with the MusicBrainz link in it to workaround the issue (which is I think something to do with the MusicBrainz search or encoding issue - I might look at this later).

I forgot to ask this. If I do make an nfo file for my artists linking to MusicBrainz, will the scraper still pull information from the other sources, ie lastfm, TheAudioDB.com, etc....?

Thank you again for your hard work on this scraper and your patients with me.
Sure it will fetch everything set in settings.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7