• 7(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
Best thing by far would be to tag those albums with MusicBrainz picard. Soon, we will be able to use MusicBrainz tags in the same way we use .nfo files to resolve art, album details, and other meta information with 100% accuracy. But already MusicBrainz tags should give you the most accurate matching.
Scraping music is broken for me too (GIT: 0a48951), but it's not asking me for album names, etc. all the time. I also noticed that if I select "Change scraper" on, say, the "Albums" node of the music library, the resulting "Set content" dialog is messed up. In the "This directory contains..." selector, it says "(Artists)" and doesn't allow me to change it. The "Current Scraper" area is empty, and "Choose a Scraper" only shows "Get More..." even though I have both of the Universal music scrapers installed.

Maybe this is an XBMC problem? I haven't verified if this additional stuff is specific to my installation or not. I guess I'll look into it further tomorrow.
Definitely not a scraper problem...
Now it works! Nod
I'm having a curious problem with umlauts. Certain umlauts are not parsed correctly while others are, and in some cases the same identical umlaut is parsed correctly in one place and not in another.

Code:
01:09:58 T:4684   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindAlbum: Searching for 'Motörhead - March �r Die' using Universal Album Scraper scraper (path: 'D:\Static\_HTPC\XBMC_SVN\portable_data\addons\metadata.album.universal', content: 'albums', version: '1.3.3')
01:09:58 T:4684   DEBUG: scraper: CreateAlbumSearchUrl returned <url>http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/?fmt=xml&query=release:March%20%f6r%20Die%20AND%20artist:Mot%c3%b6rhead</url>
01:09:58 T:4684   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(08068978) http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/?fmt=xml&query=release:March%20%f6r%20Die%20AND%20artist:Mot%c3%b6rhead

'Motörhead - March ör Die' is corrupted into 'Motörhead - March �r Die'. Notice how the umlaut 'ö' in the band name is correct, but the same umlaut gets corrupted in the album name. There incorrect strings get stored in the database.

I'm using a nightly build.
Or is this a problem with the tag reader? I know there has been some recent changes to the tag reader.

Edit: Confirmed to be a tag reader problem, so ignore my previous post.
It seems that for any Album I'm trying to refresh information for, it asks me for the album name and artist name (even though it shows the correct values as defaults in each of those screens). Even after submitting those, I get no results and it keeps bringing up the same dialog screens.
Any ideas?
(2012-10-01, 22:24)webron Wrote: It seems that for any Album I'm trying to refresh information for, it asks me for the album name and artist name (even though it shows the correct values as defaults in each of those screens). Even after submitting those, I get no results and it keeps bringing up the same dialog screens.
Any ideas?

Fixed in v1.3.4
Okay, works much better now, thanks!

I imagine there's no way to mass update information for the library, right?
Mostly due to the manual interaction that needs to be done?
Open the music library on Artists.
Press 'C' and select update all artist info or something like that.

I just did mine. :-)
Damn, that's cool. Thanks for the tip!
im having trouble getting the allmusic scraper to work for album reviews.
ive got it to show up in the scraper list and selected it but when i run it, its just asks for the album title and artist name again and again, the same way the allmusic scraper used to.
ive checked and as far as i can tell there are links from musicbrainz to allmusic. specifically a few of the albums im trying are:
green day - ¡Uno!, mumford & sons - babel & muse - the 2nd law.
they are all tagged correctly and all have reviews on allmusic.
any suggestions??
Both Universal scrapers stopped working last night for me allthough they were working fine in the afternoon.

Last.fm seems to be the most reliable.
Well that explains a bit. Least i know its bot at my end.
Agreed. Last fm does seem to be most consistant but I prefer allmusic when its working.
Any ideas if and when it will be up again?
(2012-08-26, 14:47)linesma Wrote: When scraping an artist or an album whose name has a punctuation mark in it, such as P!nk, the scraper will not find the artist. I tried changing the settings, but to no avail. It seems to use the punctuation mark as a full stop, so it searches for P nk.

I stumbled across the same problem with P!nk, I manually entered her as "P!nk" with the quotes around it and it worked. This was after I spent ages trying to get a NFO File to work, so thought I would post here in case it helped anyone else.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7