• 8(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
(2012-08-26, 14:47)linesma Wrote: When scraping an artist or an album whose name has a punctuation mark in it, such as P!nk, the scraper will not find the artist. I tried changing the settings, but to no avail. It seems to use the punctuation mark as a full stop, so it searches for P nk.

Fantastic bit of help.
thanks.
(2012-10-18, 21:50)rcrh Wrote: Fantastic bit of help.
thanks.

I would imagine Olympia could add a "catch" in the code to do this automatically for any oddball punctuation, but my solution works for now. Glad it helped someone Big Grin
That would cause other much more serious result anomalies...
(2012-10-19, 16:33)olympia Wrote: That would cause other much more serious result anomalies...

Ok fair enough, at least we have a work around , thanks for looking
Why is album cover scraping from fanart.tv etc. preferred over local folder.jpg? Would be nice if that could be fixed.
(2012-10-27, 14:47)`Black Wrote: Why is album cover scraping from fanart.tv etc. preferred over local folder.jpg? Would be nice if that could be fixed.

How this comes down to the scraper?
Because if I want XBMC to use my local folder.jpg files, I have to disable "grab album thumb from ..." in the universal album scraper settings. If it's enabled, folder.jpg gets ignored. That is not a scraper problem?
(2012-10-27, 18:16)`Black Wrote: Because if I want XBMC to use my local folder.jpg files, I have to disable "grab album thumb from ..." in the universal album scraper settings. If it's enabled, folder.jpg gets ignored. That is not a scraper problem?

This is a XBMC core feature and you should bug jmarshall about that Wink

Note: It should take folder.jpg as primary source over anything. If not it's a bug
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, seems to be a general problem. Last.fm scraper also prefers remote over local images. I'll create a trac ticket.

Edit: Here's the ticket.
Fifth go at getting music library working in xbmc, I have my music tagged and in folders by artist.

Several albums imported ok, getting most info from allmusic and have had to add the allmusic link on the musicbrainz site. Not sure if that is going to be workable for several hundred titles, but putting that to one side. I have been unable to get the scraper to recognise the following title:

Artist: Fripp & Eno
Release Group: Beyond Even (1992-2006)
http://musicbrainz.org/release-group/6d2...ce2c4798df

My music is tagged Brian Eno - Beyond Even (1992 - 2006)
Scraper does not match, but always prompts me for Album titile and Artist.
Whatever I seem to enter, it will not match, even entering the identical text shown on musicbrainz web site, which works for other title.

Not sure why scraper can't find it, when I manually search on musicbrainz for release group "beyond even brian eno" or any of the other combinations I have tried, the correct title always appears 100% match as first item.

So, I create an album.nfo with the musicbrainz release link:
http://musicbrainz.org/release/b17ac8dd-...7a8579b513

Taking longer this time, looks like its found it, but the scraper has just crashed xbmc and have to unplug machine.

Sorry for the mini-rant, just frustrating. I would like to know why the scraper can't find this album, and why using the album.nfo method has crashed xbmc.

I have been toying with writing my own scraper outside xbmc to build the artist.nfo and album.nfo, and thought I would have one last try with xbmc with this universal scraper. My main problems with xmbc is poor matching on artist and albums, something needs to be done to improve it, I can't justify all the fiddling about to get the scraper to find the correct data,

Thanks,
Paul

Not a very motivating post to look at your problem, but I will do at some point.
Thanks for the prompt reply, sorry my post sounds that way, just a reflection of the frustration on the many hours (days) I have spent trying to get my music library sorted in xbmc. That's no criticism to your scraper, I do genuinely appreciate the work you do. I feel the design of the music library in xbmc is too heavily dependent on the data on the website being highly accurate and easily matched to the tags in your music files. All the tweaks and workarounds to get things sorted, just became unmanageable for me.

Anyway my earlier problems, prompted me to invest my time in wrting my own scraper outside xbmc. I have got the barebones of a basic scraper working, The data generated is very close to the data generated by your scraper. Not sure the best way to handle album art at the moment, thinking about scanning my local folders for images and add them to album.nfo, which will make it very easy to select local artwork in xbmc.

I did not write much of a front end, and use the website to search for the release I want and drag a shortcut to the url in the folder I want to generate an album.nfo, my program just scans for the urls and builds the album.nfo alongside it.

Its not an elegant solution, but is managable for me, and I can customise it to suit my needs.

I am still using the unversal scraper, and would be interested to know why the scraper can not find that music title, and hangs if you put the url in to the album.nfo.

Thanks,
Paul

To be honest I couldn't find the reason either. Nothing is in the log.
However it worked for me without crashing having the url in the album.nfo.
So is this the best bet for simply scraping all the album cover art for my library all at once? I can't seem to get anything to simply scrap the entire the library at one time like I have done with movies, TV shows, and even advanced launcher with all my roms. I tried to use CdArt Manager add on today and it literally ran for over 9 hours and when it was done I still didn't have any album art...I have no idea what that add on did.

Any advice on the fastest and easiest way to simply scrap all the titles, artists and albums in my library and pull in as much art as possible because I can't seem to find the right menu field to just set it to run and walk away.

Thanks.
My library is stored on a NAS server and accessed via nfs from the XBMC server, which is running the Froto beta on ubuntu 12.10. The directory path looks like this to xbmc: nfs:/<ipAddress>/c/mp3/artist/album/songs.... I have about 200 albums in this directory structure. XBMC will play any selected song through this mount. XBMC has write permissions to this directory tree. I am useing the default Universal Scraper for Music Albums. When I scroll through the library, I only find art for about 4 albums. This art is embedded in the mp3 tag of every song on those album. I need to know what this scraper is looking for at the album level to source the artwork.

I have read this scraper uses the mp3 tag Artist and elswhere that it used the Album Artist tag.
As a test, I selected one of the albums that had no mp3 id tags. With TagScanner v5.1 I added the correct tag for both Artist and Album Artist to every song in the album. Then I selected "Scan item to library" at the Artest level in the directory structure. This did not find any artwork for the test album.

Can someone please tell me what is required for this scraper to find the album / cd cover art?
Where can I find the details (naming convention and content) of the nfo files discussed here?
Where is this art stored?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7