• 9(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
Scan item to library only scans in the tags from file into the library without scraping. You either need to enable download additional information during updates in settings/music to scrape on scan or else you can do a 'query info for all artist' and albums respectively from the context menu from within the music library.
I wonder if this scraper may be the solution to my problem.

My music library is composed of mp3 files and WAV(DTS) files. Mp3 files were scrapped fine, but WAV files cannot be scrapped because they have no info attached to them.

If I would prepare an nfo file for each album in WAV format with all the info necessary, also for each track, and place it on the album directory, would this scrapper take it and integrate the info into the XBMC music library?
I am running frodo B1 with the default universal scrapers. I have several .mp3 music files in my library that are not scraped into my MyMusic30 database. I have corrected all the problems I can find with the mp3 tags in my mp3 music files. I have read some brief mention of placing nfo files in the album directories to help the scraper find these files on musicbrains.

I have done multiple google searches on the details (naming convention and content) of these files and came up empty. I asked on this thread and others for details, to no avail. I have experimented with various names and content that I found under the details tab for the Release title that exactly matches my mp3 tag. Can someone PLEASE give me these details or point me to a link that explains the NFO file for musicbrainz?

I would really appreciate the help.
(2012-11-29, 04:53)godfreydanials Wrote: I am running frodo B1 with the default universal scrapers. I have several .mp3 music files in my library that are not scraped into my MyMusic30 database. I have corrected all the problems I can find with the mp3 tags in my mp3 music files. I have read some brief mention of placing nfo files in the album directories to help the scraper find these files on musicbrains.

I have done multiple google searches on the details (naming convention and content) of these files and came up empty. I asked on this thread and others for details, to no avail. I have experimented with various names and content that I found under the details tab for the Release title that exactly matches my mp3 tag. Can someone PLEASE give me these details or point me to a link that explains the NFO file for musicbrainz?

I would really appreciate the help.

create an album.nfo (with wordpad) in the album folder with the MusicBrainz link of the release you want
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2012-12-01, 17:18)bandelguy Wrote: create an album.nfo (with wordpad) in the album folder with the MusicBrainz link of the release you want

I am thinking I must be the only one here that can't figure this out and must be really dumb.

Is the MusicBrainz link what I find in under the [Details] tab?
If so, do I use the Permanent link: or XML?
(2012-12-01, 17:18)bandelguy Wrote: create an album.nfo (with wordpad) in the album folder with the MusicBrainz link of the release you want

Will this work even if the songs are of type WAV?
I created a text file album.nfo within the album folder, with only one line containing the link to musicbrainz release of the album (XML link) but when " scan this item to library" or update the library nothing is added to the library albums list.
How can I verify if the scraper found the nfo or not?

Hi Olympia,

Are you aware of any unusual behavior for the Album Scraper when scraping in Frodo RC1? I am working with RC1 and I'm getting wacky year values (25783, 110, 3, etc) , odd disc values (i saw disc 103) and weird track sorting (tracks are sorted out of order even though the track number seems to have come through properly) after scraping my libray in Frodo/RC1. I checked with both Aeon and Confluence on the track sorting issue, both seem to have the same issue.

I just verified with the same source files that scraping works find in Eden and I do not see any of the above problems.

All of my music is tagged properly and I have not seen this behavior before.

What info do you need from me?

Thanks,
D
Querying LastFM for album reviews is currently failing with v1.6.2 of this scraper (OpenELEC Beta 6 on a Raspberry Pi), due to an invalid API key (I don't see anywhere in the configuration to enter a suitable replacement key). Example response when querying LastFM:

Code:
http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=album.getinfo&artist=Level%2042&album=World%20Machine&api_key=71e468a84c1f40d4991ddccc46e40f1b&lang=en

<lfm status="failed"><error code="10">
    Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by last.fm
</error></lfm>

In addition, the Universal Album scraper is displaying errors when information is simply missing, for example:

Code:
22:51:53 T:2937930848   DEBUG: scraper: GetMBAlbumLabelByMBID returned <details><url function="ParseMBAlbumLabel" cache="mb-9348d13d-3079-4ae8-b6ee-017e8bfcaa42-album.xml">http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/9348d13d-3079-4ae8-b6ee-017e8bfcaa42?inc=recordings+release-groups+artists+labels+ratings</url></details>
22:51:53 T:2937930848   ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site

If you look at the XML returned for the URL, the label-info-list value is 0 (zero), so it's not that the web site cannot be parsed, there simply isn't any available data to be processed. In which case is this really an ERROR?

The same ERROR is displayed when retrieving the rating, even though a rating (<rating votes-count="2">3</rating>) appears to be present:

Code:
22:51:54 T:2937930848   DEBUG: scraper: GetMBAlbumRatingByMBID returned <details><url function="ParseMBAlbumRating" cache="mb-9348d13d-3079-4ae8-b6ee-017e8bfcaa42-album.xml">http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/9348d13d-3079-4ae8-b6ee-017e8bfcaa42?inc=recordings+release-groups+artists+labels+ratings</url></details>
22:51:54 T:2937930848   ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site

There's a very big difference between a web site which is truly unparseable (this being a genuine error), and getting an entirely valid response back from the web site, even if that response doesn't contain the required or expected data (in which case this "ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site" should really be a DEBUG informational message).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Not sure if this has been asked yet, but I've set up a musicbrainz mirror locally..I was wondering how difficult it would be to train the scraper to use it?
(2012-12-28, 14:03)DoctorDyna Wrote: Not sure if this has been asked yet, but I've set up a musicbrainz mirror locally..I was wondering how difficult it would be to train the scraper to use it?

Anyone? :S
Hi

would it be possible to add downloading the cdart.png from fanart.tv into the artwork section of this scraper?

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
Just bumping this as its the default for Frodo.
1) I would like to know where it's best to upload album art for the Universal Scraper for compilations? I see allmusic.com supports compilations, but does fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com?

2) I have an album, Acoustic Woman, that has artwork present on allmusic.com, but the artwork is not being downloaded, even after manually refreshing. I have noticed musicbrainz.com doesn't have the disc ID, so that might be causing a problem?

Any help would be appreciated.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-01-25, 22:55)n1md4 Wrote: 1) I would like to know where it's best to upload album art for the Universal Scraper for compilations? I see allmusic.com supports compilations, but does fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com?

2) I have an album, Acoustic Woman, that has artwork present on allmusic.com, but the artwork is not being downloaded, even after manually refreshing. I have noticed musicbrainz.com doesn't have the disc ID, so that might be causing a problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

1) Both the sites do http://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/Various-Artists and http://fanart.tv/artist/89ad4ac3-39f7-47...s-artists/ You can add any albums in there. Its not very well displayed in the GUI yet though so its best to fill out all the info as soon as you import.

2) Just add the album to musicbrainz yourself if possible. If you can find a scan of the cover it usually has the serial number on the barcode.
Using a share maintained by MediaMonkey, so I believe tags are pretty well handled.

I have several albums with an Album Artist of "Various". XBMC seems to bring most of them in as compilations, but a couple are brought in as multiple albums for each different artist.

One is O Brother, Where Art Thou?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35223 has my attempt at scraping that album into an empty music DB.

Any ideas on why this happens? Can I clean this up with an nfo file?

Thanks!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7