• 10(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
hi
is the global scraper problem solved already? i have latest from everything. 12.10 x64 with 3.6.3 kernel, and xbmc frodo.
well creating a separate nfo file for every album is not a solution i hope u aggree.
i have id3 v1 and v2 tags filled, but the scraper finds from 3000 albums about 5 Big Grin

is there maybe a naming conception like by the tv show scraper?
(2013-02-13, 08:34)bowlofred Wrote: Using a share maintained by MediaMonkey, so I believe tags are pretty well handled.

I have several albums with an Album Artist of "Various". XBMC seems to bring most of them in as compilations, but a couple are brought in as multiple albums for each different artist.

One is O Brother, Where Art Thou?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35223 has my attempt at scraping that album into an empty music DB.

Any ideas on why this happens? Can I clean this up with an nfo file?

Thanks!

It should be "Various Artists" really for the best matching.
(2013-02-15, 15:50)rigo Wrote: hi
is the global scraper problem solved already? i have latest from everything. 12.10 x64 with 3.6.3 kernel, and xbmc frodo.
well creating a separate nfo file for every album is not a solution i hope u aggree.
i have id3 v1 and v2 tags filled, but the scraper finds from 3000 albums about 5 Big Grin

is there maybe a naming conception like by the tv show scraper?

It should work fine. The scraper searches on your artist name and album so check they are on musicbrainz and theaudiodb
(2013-02-15, 17:19)zag Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 08:34)bowlofred Wrote: Using a share maintained by MediaMonkey, so I believe tags are pretty well handled.

I have several albums with an Album Artist of "Various". XBMC seems to bring most of them in as compilations, but a couple are brought in as multiple albums for each different artist.

One is O Brother, Where Art Thou?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35223 has my attempt at scraping that album into an empty music DB.

Any ideas on why this happens? Can I clean this up with an nfo file?

Thanks!

It should be "Various Artists" really for the best matching.

I'll try it, but I have probably 40 albums like this (all with album artist "Various") and I have 3 that XBMC reads in like this. The rest show up nicely as a compilation.

I realize now I didn't pick the best example (this album has punctuation in the title, but the two others do not).

At least it'll be really easy to change and retry....
Do you have the compilation flag set for those albums?
http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Ser.../_/2201974

...enough is enough. Good bye last.fm, R.I.P.
I'm not aware of a compilation flag. Is that an mp3 tag or something inside xbmc?

In any event renaming the artists seemed to work. It ended up I had 49 albums with Album Artist of "Various" and when importing I had 4 that imported in this wrong way.

I redid all the tags so all 49 now had "Various Artists" as the Album Artist (no other changes) and now none of them had problems on import.

Yay!
(2013-02-18, 10:07)bowlofred Wrote: I'm not aware of a compilation flag. Is that an mp3 tag or something inside xbmc?

In any event renaming the artists seemed to work. It ended up I had 49 albums with Album Artist of "Various" and when importing I had 4 that imported in this wrong way.

I redid all the tags so all 49 now had "Various Artists" as the Album Artist (no other changes) and now none of them had problems on import.

Yay!

It's a tag.
(2013-02-18, 12:36)olympia Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 10:07)bowlofred Wrote: I'm not aware of a compilation flag. Is that an mp3 tag or something inside xbmc?

It's a tag.

I see. After a bit of research, it appears that MediaMonkey (which I'm using to maintain my audio library) doesn't support that tag. (Discussion there being that some feel the tag is a legacy of iTunes from before the existence of AlbumArtist). I checked with metaflac and nothing (neither the previously working nor previously non-working) has that tag at all, let alone set.

So hooray it's working, but it doesn't seem to explain why four of the albums previously had a different behavior.
I have a problem re-scraping existing albums, when I do a refresh on a existing album it does not return any results even if I change the name of the artist/album to the most popular you can think of, I have the same settings on another PC and it works perfect, any ideas?
bump
(2013-02-26, 22:29)clarky100 Wrote: I have a problem re-scraping existing albums, when I do a refresh on a existing album it does not return any results even if I change the name of the artist/album to the most popular you can think of, I have the same settings on another PC and it works perfect, any ideas?

If it's working on one machine but not the other it doesn't sound like scraper issue, but you local config.

Provide a log file and maybe some one can help:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
@ Olympia:-

Can there be any options to pick up the release of my choice from various releases of a release group on manual refresh / from settings?

MB Picard has the option of selecting the countries of choice for tagging. Whether it can be used here too?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
That would be a request to XBMC, not to the addon. The addon already featured with this, but XBMC is selecting automatically the first hit (even during manual refresh). So whatever country/release come first, it will be picked up by XBMC. I would love to see this as well btw.
(2013-03-03, 07:54)bandelguy Wrote: @ Olympia:-

Can there be any options to pick up the release of my choice from various releases of a release group on manual refresh / from settings?

MB Picard has the option of selecting the countries of choice for tagging. Whether it can be used here too?

(2013-03-03, 09:48)olympia Wrote: That would be a request to XBMC, not to the addon. The addon already featured with this, but XBMC is selecting automatically the first hit (even during manual refresh). So whatever country/release come first, it will be picked up by XBMC. I would love to see this as well btw.

Is there any possibility of having this feature incuded in the next release of XBMC or even in the nightlies?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7