• 23(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
would be amazing if we could add our own MusicBrainz serverip:port in config,
for those who has local MusicBrainz server, so it fetch from our local server and put less load on musicbrainz.org
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

Hello folks,

Quick question. Why is the Universal Scraper re-scrapping my entire Music Library and replacing my high quality embedded album artwork with low-res variants. I remember using the scraper fine in the early days of Kodi, and it detected I had already scrapped albums and simply scraping new albums I added. Universal Scraper for Music artists detects my artists just fine.

Any thoughts?
(2015-09-02, 12:13)BlackRose Wrote: Hello folks,

Quick question. Why is the Universal Scraper re-scrapping my entire Music Library and replacing my high quality embedded album artwork with low-res variants. I remember using the scraper fine in the early days of Kodi, and it detected I had already scrapped albums and simply scraping new albums I added. Universal Scraper for Music artists detects my artists just fine.

Any thoughts?

No comment, sad. Sorry I have been patient. Just a slight bump to anyone who can help.
Blackrose:
What did you do before it started rescrapping your Music Library, did you upgrade kodi version or do you know what could have triggered the rescan? Was it only embedded artwork that was replaced or was it also other artworks?
I'm using 15.1 final and I'm getting an error at startup: "Universal album scraper. Addon is not compatible due to unmet conditions. Should it be deactivated?" or something like that (I'm using the German translation). Am I the only one or is it a general problem?

I get the same error messages for theAudiodb Album Scraper and the Universal Artist scraper.
Rescraping all music content:
Album Scraping is incredible slow with Kodi 15.2 Final...
It took around 5 hours from 0-D E-Z will take probably 1 week or so.

this was never slow like this - when created the SQL DB First time - i took about 8 hours to scan all album.

Any ideas? I tried also with a new local DB - scannig is also very slow..
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
Hi

Is anyone else having issues with this scraper and album ratings not being populated always?

Scraper is set to use MusicBrainz for ratings.

Example album:

Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

On MusicBrainz site here it has a Release Group Rating of 4 stars.

I just added this album to Kodi Isengard / MYSQL and when looking at this albums info page there is no album rating being displayed. I also tried refreshing the album a few times in Kodi.

I then removed the Oasis album, cleaned the library and later added it back in and this time it has got an album rating OK. But the rating showing in Kodi is 3 and not 4 stars as on the MusicBrainz site.

I also just added The Beatles - 1 and this one didn't get a rating, yet there is a rating on the MusicBrainz page for this album here.

Seems a bit hit and miss if you get an album rating showing or not ?

Thanks
Hi,

I reported a problem when using Milhouse's rPi build (v17 based) here (2252447 (post)), but investigation implies that the issue is with the Universal Scapers (both Album and Artist), my follow-up investigation is copied below.

The music in question lives on my unraid NAS and was previously controlled by a x86 based openelec build (most likely Isengard based). The NAS has been shipped from the UK to the US and is now hooked up to my rPi, so I'm rescanning all the files again.

All of my artists and albums have 'artist.nfo' and 'album.nfo' files in place. The crash consistent occurs whenever the Universal Artist/Album Scraper gets involved. If I remover the album.nfo then it crashes on the Artist, if I then remove the artist.nfo then it'll scan in that Artist/Album just fine.

All the crashlogs seem to SEGFAULT in the same place..

One of the many crashlogs I have can be found be found here - http://sprunge.us/GSBA

Code:
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x007920f4 in CNfoFile::Create(std::string const&, std::shared_ptr<ADDON::CScraper> const&, int) ()
[Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x64b563a0 (LWP 2659))]

And indeed the method place seems to indicate a NFO related issue Smile

Samples of the NFO files:

Artist.nfo http://sprunge.us/cgfG
Album.nfo http://sprunge.us/gIEg

So the simple solution is to delete all my existing NFO files, but that just masks what might be a problem rather than cures it
Try rewriting the nfo manually (not copy and pasting). I'm just wondering if the file is corrupt in some way.
Well, actually whatever this is about, it is NOTHING to do with the scraper. When there is an existing NFO file, Kodi is (trying) to import it without invoking the scraper addon(s). I.e. it is not the scraper addon what is importing from NFO, it is Kodi itself.
It would be complete if it had discogs... because discogs...
(2016-02-22, 11:10)zag Wrote: Try rewriting the nfo manually (not copy and pasting). I'm just wondering if the file is corrupt in some way.

I could understand that if it was one file, but it's reproducible with every NFO file, it's only by removing them that it works. I assume that the ones that I posted 'look' ok?

(2016-02-22, 11:14)olympia Wrote: Well, actually whatever this is about, it is NOTHING to do with the scraper. When there is an existing NFO file, Kodi is (trying) to import it without invoking the scraper addon(s). I.e. it is not the scraper addon what is importing from NFO, it is Kodi itself.

Watching the the progress bar it goes

Reading media info from file
Scanning albums with Universal Album Scraper [then kodi restarts]
or
Scanning artists with Universal Artist Scraper [then kodi restarts].

So at that point is Kodi not actually doing what it says, or do you think that the scraper addon has actually exited at that point. Is the NFO processing part of core? Just trying to understand the flow better - ie does UAS see the NFO file and quit, or would you expect it never to call UAS if one was present?

I'm only here because Milhouse thought it was more likely to be a scraper issue than a core issue - but I don't mind bouncing back to his thread if we are sure it isn't. The SEGFAULT appears to be related the CNfoFile - whereabout's is that code so I can have a look (although being no c++ programmer it'll probably be gibberish to me - but I'm willing to look!)

Thanks!
(2016-02-23, 03:36)stourwalk Wrote: I'm only here because Milhouse thought it was more likely to be a scraper issue than a core issue - but I don't mind bouncing back to his thread if we are sure it isn't. The SEGFAULT appears to be related the CNfoFile - whereabout's is that code so I can have a look (although being no c++ programmer it'll probably be gibberish to me - but I'm willing to look!)

Thanks!

I don't recall saying that. What I asked - and still believe to be the best course of action - is for you to bisect the builds and narrow down when this problem started. It could be something related to a taglib change. Knowing the build that introduced the problem will help identify the problematic change.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-01-02, 08:49)matt77303 Wrote: Hi

would it be possible to add downloading the cdart.png from fanart.tv into the artwork section of this scraper?

Matt

bumping this 2013 post into 2016 Tongue

or look for lokal cdart.png?
Is this addon dead or being developed?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7