• 26(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
They have instructions on how to upgrade, but you need to be a linux expert to understand them.
Yes, I believe you can even install your own mirror manually, the virtual image just makes it easy and ready to use for you in a virtual environment.

For unRAID, there is a working Docker container already utilizing the new schema.

My latest update is:
"Last replication packet received at 2016-06-29 08:00 UTC"
Hi, I know how to use linux a little bit, but does this mean every user must create their own mirror for the scraper to work again?
My albums are tagged with both the original release date of the album as well as the year of the specific release. The latter is the year tag. Is there any easy way to modify Kodi or Add On settings so that "year" in the Kodi music library is the year of the original release date and not the date for that CD? In other words if a CD is remastered I'd like to see year in the library to be the date of first public release of the album, not the year of the remaster.

Thanks.
(2017-01-21, 18:17)andydufresne Wrote: My albums are tagged with both the original release date of the album as well as the year of the specific release. The latter is the year tag. Is there any easy way to modify Kodi or Add On settings so that "year" in the Kodi music library is the year of the original release date and not the date for that CD? In other words if a CD is remastered I'd like to see year in the library to be the date of first public release of the album, not the year of the remaster.
Not as far I know. I use Musicbrainz Picard and mitigated this issue by using the original date as date. Set
Code:
$set(date,%originaldate%)
as tagger script in Picard.
(2017-01-21, 19:19)Horus107 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 18:17)andydufresne Wrote: My albums are tagged with both the original release date of the album as well as the year of the specific release. The latter is the year tag. Is there any easy way to modify Kodi or Add On settings so that "year" in the Kodi music library is the year of the original release date and not the date for that CD? In other words if a CD is remastered I'd like to see year in the library to be the date of first public release of the album, not the year of the remaster.
Not as far I know. I use Musicbrainz Picard and mitigated this issue by using the original date as date. Set
Code:
$set(date,%originaldate%)
as tagger script in Picard.

Thank you. It sounds like I have to change the tags rather than adjust kodi or the addon. I'd prefer not to change the music tags as having both the original date and the date of the release I find pretty useful.
Andy, leave your tags if you have both dates. I have it on my todo list for v18 to get Kodi to process and store both kinds of date tag - at the moment it puts them all into one year value. At that time I will look to be able to scrape both these dates for albums too. Persoanlly I would like to be able to see and filter by the recording date, sort all those 60s recordings that get released onto >90s CDs into their proper place.
That's great news. Thanks Dave
Musicbrainz:
For example: if your requests are coming in at 4 requests per second, we don't honour 25% of them and decline the other 75% - we decline 100% of them, until the rate drops to 1 per second or lower.

How can I put 2sec sleep for each try? Rebuilt my music library and all I got is

20:31:52.015 T:1760 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 503
20:31:52.015 T:1760 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 503 for http://musicbrainz.org/........

And the scraper is an idiot, try to download 10/seconds instead of 1/1,5 seconds....
I don't think it is the scraper doing more than 1 per sec. Probably an addon that is hammering Musicbrainz.
Music Library \ Artists \ AC-DC \ albums-right click-get information about albums.

You say it's not the scrapper but some built in addon in Kodi? Because I haven't instal anything else.
(2017-02-25, 23:02)Merwenus Wrote: Music Library \ Artists \ AC-DC \ albums-right click-get information about albums.
That will make a single request, not the 10/s you complain about. So you point is?
Quote:You say it's not the scrapper but some built in addon in Kodi? Because I haven't instal anything else.

The scraper has a 1s sleep built into it, if you are sure there are more requests that that happening then it is from an addon. If you are just assuming 503 errors mean more than 1 request per sec has happened, then you misunderstand how Musicbrainz work. When their server is busy they throttle even the 1 per sec rate.

At the moment we are all getting lots of 503 errors, it just means that the Musicbrainz server is oversubscribed
So you are saying this thing in Music area is ONLY a single request? Because I can clearly see in the LOG file and with my eyes when I click on it that on top of the screen albums appear/disappear pretty fast while searching for info.

Music Library mode with universal scrapper, that means it has nothing to do with this scrapper? And it is some kind of internal addon of KODI?
No "Query info for all" is many requests, I misunderstood you to describe "refresh" from info dialog, a picture worth a 1000 words.

It goes rapidly through those albums that have already been scraped, and then makes 1 request per sec for those that have not. But I repeat even 1 per sec can be rejected by Musicbrainz if their server is busy.
Some albums are missing the THUMB picture. So I checked TheAudioDB.com maybe they are missing it so I upload them. But it says:
{Please Login to see images}

For example
http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2159639

How can I "login" to the scrapper to allow audiodb.com to download EVERY pictures? Because with a freshly made library I have way too much missing thumbnails.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7