Library view
i implemented a fix to the long standing "ac/dc" bug, but it kinda broke the search function.  i fixed the search function last night, but decided that the search function needs to be overhauled so i didnt commit it yet.

(the search was inherited from the old artists view, so it didnt really work the way i thought it should've worked.)

so, here's my plan for how the new search should work.  i'm going to use "rock" as the search text in this example.  searching for "rock" would produce a list like this:

[genre] rock
[genre] alternative rock
[artist] kid rock
[album] kid rock (kid rock)
[album] king of rock (run dmc)
[album] rock on honorable ones (bowling for soup)
[song] detroit rock city (kiss)
[song] rock of ages (def leppard)
[song] rock show (blink 182)

the current filtering is genre -> artist -> album -> song.  clicking on these search items will put you right into these search path as if you entered that level from the root.

- clicking on a [genre] item will act as if you clicked on that genre from the genres list, and you'll get all the matcing artists.
- clicking on a [artist] item will act is if you clicked on that artist from the artists list, and will produce the list of that artist's albums.
- clicking on a [album] item will produce the list of songs from that album
- clicking on a [song] item will play that item.

what do you guys think ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

this is in cvs with one change from what i described: a [song] item opens up the album that contains that song (and yes, that song is the default focused item).

i originally had it autoplay until i discovered that i couldnt add a queue action while at the search results page. this left the functionality limited in my view. if you had a playlist already playing and searched a song, you couldnt add it to the playlist, and it would stop the current playlist to play that song.

also, after searching, the back action will take you back one layer before hitting the root.

ie, if you choose an [artist] item, you get the album listing from that artist. hitting back will take you back to the unfiltered artist listing with the previous artist focused. back again will take you to the root listing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library view0