Linux XBMC: Frame Buffer usage
@rashmi/newbie007, before you guys ask any more questions, please provide DETAILED information on EXACTLY which hardware you are working on Huh

If you do not first provide much more information then no one here can help you, nor will they want to help you, secrecy will only get you so far before you loose our attention.

So far you only hinted that you are running Intel hardware, and in some other threads you guys mention the Boxee Box and Iomega TV with Boxee box, so is it a CE4100 SoC?

No non-disclosure agreement can be so hard that it would prevent you from telling which hardware you are working on so that you are able to ask for help Tongue
(2012-06-20, 03:05)davilla Wrote: HAHAHA, this is getting rich now Smile can't fix a patch, can't follow instructions, can't give any details. Might as well quit trying now, it's useless.

I thought you would enjoy that.
Thanks a lot Broken Codes/Davilla/Rocker!!
We have cross-compiled the XBMC with the new SDK from the "the-uni" branch after fixing all the broken codes.
We will have to now just resolve the dependencies and bring up few required drivers.
If there is some-one who has really experience in bringing up XBMC on platforms like CE4100 we can write a better blog together so that we it will really help people working on bringing up XBMC on newplatforms.

Celebrate the Spirit of OpenSource!!
Thanks,
Rashmi

Hello ,
I am able to compile XBMC(the-unibranch) onto CE4100 .
when i try to run XBMC i am getting the following error.
ipc.c:ipc_init_client_session:ERROR: Failed to open /dev/gdl/0
libgdl.c:_gdl_init:ERROR: ERROR initializing IPC client session
ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting

# cat /proc/devices | grep gdl
244 gdl_track
245 gdl

i have inserted gdl_mm.ko module , but how do we create a device node for GDL ?

# mknod /dev/gdl/0 c 245 0
mknod: /dev/gdl/0: No such file or directory

Please let me know how we can create a device node.
Thanks,
John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC: Frame Buffer usage 0