[REQUEST] TVShowThumb and SeasonThumb for Video Player
Similar to my previous request for TV thumbs being made available to the Video Info dialog can we also extend this to the Video Player?

Currently we only have VideoPlayer.Cover which will return the thumb associated with the video but for episodes this is only the episode thumb; more useful would be either VideoPlayer.SeasonThumb, if available, or VideoPlayer.TVShowThumb.

Thanks.
+1

I'd love to see that. Thumb are not as "cool" as an official poster. (That's what we're talking about?)
(2012-06-11, 15:28)Balinus Wrote: +1

I'd love to see that. Thumb are not as "cool" as an official poster. (That's what we're talking about?)

Yes, that's what I'm requesting. I find them too nonspecific.
Nudge. Wink
+3 Wink
+ 1.48
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I really, really, really don't want too much stuff associated with each item - at least not without a really, really good argument.

eg season thumbs I see little point of - they MIGHT be good for episode A but might be useless for episode B.

show thumbs I can see a little more argument for (they fill in the same hole as show fanart does).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Episode thumbs offer no real info or, in most cases, no artistist style whatsoever - some screen grabs are just awfully composed - whereas the show/season thumb are the opposite.

I'd be more than happy to settle for the show thumb, as you say, it fits in with fanart.
Yes, as Hitcher said, it's mostly a cosmetic choice and the lack of info of an Episode thumb. Maybe SeasonThumb is overkill but TVShowThumb might fit the bill nicely. Smile
To throw a wrench into the machine and flip this to the other side, I'd love to see a VideoPlayer.Fanart available as well for two reasons. It would 1. bring feature-parity to VideoPlayer as MusicPlayer.Fanart is available and 2. as a cosmetic benefit.

*sorry for being slightly off-topic but I didn't want to open another thread since this is relatable in a roundabout kind of way.
(2012-06-21, 10:01)Sranshaft Wrote: To throw a wrench into the machine and flip this to the other side, I'd love to see a VideoPlayer.Fanart available as well for two reasons. It would 1. bring feature-parity to VideoPlayer as MusicPlayer.Fanart is available and 2. as a cosmetic benefit.

*sorry for being slightly off-topic but I didn't want to open another thread since this is relatable in a roundabout kind of way.

Seeing as MusicPlayer and VideoPlayer are simply going to be merged into Player then perhaps Player.Property(Fanart_Image) and Player.Property(TVShow_Image) could be considered.

Thoughts Jonathan?
Not trying to rush anyone here (but at the same time I don't want lose sight of this request) so should I trac it?

Thanks.
https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/tree...r_property

Will fire off a win32 build for you to test - adds generic Player.Property(foo) and ListItem.Property(TVShow_Thumb). Note that it'll need some work once Montellese gets his latest PR in, so probably will be a little while (also need to add a caching layer I suspect).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Here you go: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...operty.exe

Player.Property(Fanart_Image) works -

Player.Property(TVShow_Thumb) returns the episode thumb -

If you need to test in Confluence edit line 56 in VideoFuillscreen.xml -

<info>Player.Property(TVShow_Thumb)</info>

Thanks.

EDIT: Same result for Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.ShowThumb) - it displays the episode thumb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] TVShowThumb and SeasonThumb for Video Player1