[Release] Last.fm scraper for Music Videos
System/Add-ons/Get Add-ons/XBMC.org Add-ons/Music Video Information/Last.fm for Music Videos

^^ This is the add-on manager...
(2012-09-06, 21:43)olympia Wrote: System/Add-ons/Get Add-ons/XBMC.org Add-ons/Music Video Information/Last.fm for Music Videos

Ok, Thanks, but Last.fm isn't in the list to physically "Add" only "Yahoo Music" is in the list to add, and that has already been enabled, so I guess I'm just going to have to find a different route to get hold of it then.

Thanks again for all the prompt replies

Regards
(2012-09-07, 00:33)Gadget Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 21:43)olympia Wrote: System/Add-ons/Get Add-ons/XBMC.org Add-ons/Music Video Information/Last.fm for Music Videos

Ok, Thanks, but Last.fm isn't in the list to physically "Add" only "Yahoo Music" is in the list to add, and that has already been enabled, so I guess I'm just going to have to find a different route to get hold of it then.

Regards

You are using Eden 11.0?
Remove addons15.db from userdata and restart
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-07, 07:31)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-07, 00:33)Gadget Wrote:

Regards

You are using Eden 11.0?
Remove addons15.db from userdata and restart

Yep, using Eden 11.0 Beta 3 Git: Unknown, but it was an upgrade from 10.1 with the live disk (Just found that to be less buggy for me)
Just when you think you are getting the hang of this OS, it throws you a Curve Ball, LoL.

Ok, found it in "/home/'user'/.xbmc/userdata/Database" Now deleted, so I'll give it a run and see if anything transpires from that.

Rebooted after deleting the addons15.db file, and the only Add-On I have available in the Add-On manager for Music videos is still only Yahoo Music Videos and the force refresh just doesn't seem to do anything at all. Oh well, I guess I could just make the *.nfo files for the new music videos I've gotten recently, but it was so much easier just letting last.fm do the scraping.... :-( C'est la vie

Thanks for all the help guys, really do appreciate it.

Regards
Sorry if this is a noob question but can this scraper be used with Ember Media Manager?
Hi, I created a music video scraper at the beginner of the year with last.fm too
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid995041
Maybe you can compare the 2 and see if there are things to add in yours.
Smile 
(2012-09-22, 05:05)RizThon Wrote: Hi, I created a music video scraper at the beginner of the year with last.fm too
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid995041
Maybe you can compare the 2 and see if there are things to add in yours.

Thanks a million RizThon, that worked like an absolute charm. Finally got my music video's working again... Now all I have to do is try and remember to export them so that XBMC finds them when I mess around with the O/S again, :-)
After using Last.FM and TheAudioDb.com scrapers from Frodo RC3 to scrape 350 videos, I think, moving forward, it would be better for Music promo videos to use a music scraper (using the existing artist-song name convention). If it were pulled from discogs, or a regular music scraper (grabbing the 'oldest' release info possible), would be best.

Last.FM is untrustworthy for getting accurate quality information for genre/year/album info for Promotional Music Videos (promos). To explain 'promos', I mean the short 3-5 minute film clips (unless you're michael jackson or aphex twin) which accompany releases with singles which are shown on the likes of MTV, VMusic, VMax, Rage (on ABC in Australia), etc. not documentaries, live concerts, etc. TheAudioDb picked up a number of videos but missed about 80%.

So what I've done is use Last.FM, and have exported my library and am hand editing the .NFO tags to correct the <year>, <genre> and <album> information from Last.FM (which include such Genre nuggets as "voyage of the rock aliens", "beautiful", "pretty", "powerful", "british i like", and the downright bizarre, "motherfu***ng rabbits ejac****ing sunshine). Last.FM scrobbles from everyone and everything and the quality of its uncurated information ranges from good to downright awful.
Of course, using a music scraper to scrape live concerts, docos, etc. would be useless, but it would best suit promos. So perhaps it would be better to have some sort of solution which can enable both solutions?

Just some thoughts.
I was just taking a look at this, and it appears the addon itself is "fine" -- more or less. The problem is actually that the last.fm API key being used in the addon is (currently) suspended.

It's easy to set up an API key of your own at last.fm, which I did, and replacing it with my own in the addon's xml (if you do this yourself, take note that the key appears in two places) made it start working again. I'm not actually recommending anyone do this, mind -- I'll admit to only glancing at the API terms. The other addon mentioned in this thread has a similar problem at the moment -- except instead of being suspended, the API key for that one is currently reporting that the temporary key expired.
its in lastfm.xml, not addon.xml. Which one did you use. The secret or API key?
I said addon's xml, not addon.xml. Smile

You need to use the API key, you don't need to use the secret key at all. Make sure you replace it in both places it occurs, not just the first one.
Any update on this? The new scraper only finds about 40% of my music videos.
Yes, update is that there will be no last.fm scraping any more.
Oh man that sucks! I guess I need to spend a weekend entering artist details into theaudiodb. Does anyone know of a scraper for singles? Theaudiodb does not support them and that is what most of my videos are.
(2013-01-21, 19:01)garretn Wrote: I said addon's xml, not addon.xml. Smile

You need to use the API key, you don't need to use the secret key at all. Make sure you replace it in both places it occurs, not just the first one.

Hi

I just got an API key from Last.fm but looking at the lastfm.xml file there are more than two places where it says: api_key=71e468a84c1f40d4991ddccc46e40f1b&lt

22 I counted, do I change all of them?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Last.fm scraper for Music Videos0