folder in path being incorrectly added as tv series
hi all, i have a strange issue where doing a library update for tv is incorrectly adding in part of the path name as a tv series:-

example

D:\Movies\HD\<series name>\<season number>

so this is incorrectly picking up the name "HD" from the path and adding it in as a tv series called "HD Nation". i see there is an option to exclude folders from scan, but doesnt this mean it will exclude all sub folders as well?, if so this wont work as all my tv series is under the HD folder.

any suggestions on how to work around this.

cheers.

Set the source to d:\movies\hd\
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Smile 
(2012-06-12, 17:46)Martijn Wrote: Set the source to d:\movies\hd\

hi Martijn, firstly thanks for your reply, i did indeed think the same to you and had prior to my post done exactly as you suggested, i deleted the existing source which was set as "nfs://nas1/tv series" did a clean library and then re-created the source as "nfs://nas1/tv series/hd" but this didnt fix the issue, i was still seeing the incorrectly named "hd nation" in my tv series. i then spured on by your post decided to do the same procedure again, this time i check to see if anything still existed in tv series in the main home screen menu and thats when i noticed i still had "hd nation" in there even after a clean library!, very strange. so i deleted the tv series and then re-created sources and its all good.

so short story is dont trust a removal of source and clean library to delete everything, double check for anything else hanging about and manually remove then re-add source

thanks for your post again, much appreciated.
spoke too soon, did an update tonight and the issue has returned :-(, any other suggestions?, just to confirm what i now have:-

source now set as follows for tv series

"nfs://192.168.1.2/tv series/hd" and named as "tv series"

so if now navigate to the new nfs share named tv series (in videos/files) i see all of the tv series listed, there are no folders or series names with HD in them.

just to confirm the issue, i am seeing an incorrectly scraped tv series called "HD Nation" appearing in my tv series library. if i look at the details for this series it tells me the tv series is located at nfs://192.168.1.2/tv series/hd which is now ABOVE the nfs share as defined above, so looks like its actually reading the full path and seeing the string hd in the path and deciding this is the name of the tv series.

i hope this is clear, any help would be great as im at a loss now as to what to try.

thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
folder in path being incorrectly added as tv series0