Help me finish my build.
Nice choices. You will enjoy
Way to go for it on the case. Nice!
I got everything swapped out of the old case. So far everything fits pretty nicely. However, I feel it will become more of a cabling mess once I transfer all of my HDDs over from my main computer into this case. I'll see if I can get some pictures of it as it is now, and then how it looks after HDDs are transferred over.

I've been able to bitstream HD audio so far to my receiver with the HD 6570. The only thing that sucks is that my TV (Mitsubishi WD-60638, and I've read that I'm not the only one) has some overscan which I had to adjust with AMD's CCC. It wasn't a perfect fix due to the screen being slightly off center to the left, but it's unnoticeable when watching a film, so I'll live with it until I can afford to upgrade my TV. Or I can try calling Mitsubishi to see if there is another way to adjust the TV?

For another thread: I've only been able to get 5.1 audio with movies, but I verified that I can send signals to all 8 speakers independently using W7's built in speaker config screen, as well as verifying that my receiver sees all 8 accordingly. However, the real problem could lie with the video encode I was using. I thought I had 7.1 DTS-HDMA audio in it (DTS-HDMA lights came on on the receiver), but XBMC showed it as only outputting 5.1. Unfortunately I don't know a good way to verify the audio track in my encode is indeed 7.1 DTS-HD vs 5.1 DTS-HD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me finish my build.1