Using Video playlists in Mixed Widget
Is this possible?

For the other widgets in the TVshow (for instance) category, whether it is latest, featured, etc. you can select a Video Playlist for the Widget to gather data. Can this also be accomplished in the Mixed Widget?

I ask because my TVshow source has files in them that i'd prefer not to show up in the Widget. I use playlists for TVshows, Kids TV, etc. and only want my TVshow playlist to be used for the data in the widget.

Thanks!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
no, not possible.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Bummer. No Mixed Widget for TVshows for me!

I do love it for movies though!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-06-13, 02:45)thrak76 Wrote: Bummer. No Mixed Widget for TVshows for me!

I do love it for movies though!

makin that customizable too would need to lot of new code. we already use 20.000 lines of code for widgets, some 1000´s more for that wouldn´t be worth it.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
I'm thankful for all the things that we can do with this skin! I just thought maybe I was missing something.

No big deal, as there's plenty of other great options to choose from in this skin.

Thanks phil65 and Big_Noid!
(2012-06-12, 20:50)thrak76 Wrote: you can select a Video Playlist for the Widget to gather data

Can someone please enlighten me on how to do this? I've been hoping for this for a long time but didn't know it was now possible.
(2012-06-13, 06:49)haenchensd Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 20:50)thrak76 Wrote: you can select a Video Playlist for the Widget to gather data

Can someone please enlighten me on how to do this? I've been hoping for this for a long time but didn't know it was now possible.

Sure!

Settings -> Skin -> Customizers -> Main menu item Customizers ->
Then select the menu item you want to add the widget to (may only work with tvshows) -> Choose Widget ->
Two selections on far right say "Latest Episodes (VPL)" and "Featured Episodes (VPL)
Odd, I have version 3.0.1 from XBMC.org repo and don't have that option. Checked out SVN version - still no option. Downloaded the git version - still nothing. Tried it on TV, Movies, and the custom playlist menu option I was hoping to add it to.
(2012-06-13, 19:52)haenchensd Wrote: Odd, I have version 3.0.1 from XBMC.org repo and don't have that option. Checked out SVN version - still no option. Downloaded the git version - still nothing. Tried it on TV, Movies, and the custom playlist menu option I was hoping to add it to.

you only see that option for custom home menu items which have their type set to video/audio playlist.
Yes, the custom home menu item I was trying to add it to is a video playlist. I even tried disabling, changing to a new type, and then changing back to a playlist but no go. Didn't try all that with the git version but I will later.
better look in debug log to find something concerning latestandrandomitems script.
(2012-06-13, 20:03)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 19:52)haenchensd Wrote: Odd, I have version 3.0.1 from XBMC.org repo and don't have that option. Checked out SVN version - still no option. Downloaded the git version - still nothing. Tried it on TV, Movies, and the custom playlist menu option I was hoping to add it to.

you only see that option for custom home menu items which have their type set to video/audio playlist.

So it was a happy coincidence for me. I was wondering why it wasn't showing up elsewhere.

(2012-06-13, 20:22)phil65 Wrote: better look in debug log to find something concerning latestandrandomitems script.

I didn't have script installed, so that certainly helped to fix that, but still no progress. It looks to me like the script is completing successfully (thread 2528) but the widget chooser window is opening long before the script ever has a chance to complete. Maybe the script doesn't have to complete to provide the options in the widget chooser, but mine never provides an option for VPL widgets. If I choose the normal random/featured widgets they just represent the entire library.

Log here. Let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree and it's a script error. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Video playlists in Mixed Widget0