• 15(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
I was thinking about automate recognition, just like picasa can online.
Anyway I can't install this add-on because xbmc tells it's broken.
Using latest 1.9.18.

I can no longer enter "translate tags" but get a script-error. All other areas seems to function as expected.

FFY
Hi fungify,

EDIT: (please copy a debug log to xbmclogs.com.)
I found the bug. It was the DB version check.
New version is 1.9.19

Xycl
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
(2013-02-01, 11:35)Xycl Wrote: I found the bug. It was the DB version check.
New version is 1.9.19
Sorry. Still can't get it to work.

Updated to 1.9.19, deleted the old database (just to be on the safe side) and imported images. Still can't enter the menu item. Tried un- and reinstalling the plugin.

This is from the logfile when the error occurs:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31916

FFY

XBMC doesn't find the window xml file.
Strange.
Please delete the complete mypicsdb add-on directory and reinstall it.
Question: Which skin do you use?
No log no help.
Using Aeon Nox 4.0.9.

But don't spend too much energy tracking this one down just yet - I'm trying a complete reinstall of XBMC to see if the error is reproduceable.

FFY
OK, this definitely is related to the skin.

Fresh install of XBMC 12 with Aeon Nox 4.0.9 and MyPicsDB 1.9.19. All databases built from scratch.

The dialog works in the beginning, but when I've finished customizing the home menu, and especially moved menu items around, the dialog stops working. Changing to another skin immediately fixes the problem.

Oh - and it seems to be somewhat random. I just restartet my XBMC and could enter the Translate Tags-menu without a problem while using Aeon Nox skin. So - something must happen during usage that renders this menu unusable?!

Not really a major showstopper - for me at least, since I usually set my translations once, and then only seldom use the option.

FFY
Please copy
plugin.image.mypicsdb\resources\skins\Default\720p\translationeditor.xml
to
plugin.image.mypicsdb\resources\skins\Default\1080i

It is missing there because Eden always used (as last fallback) the "Default\720p" files.

My first tests were successful with Aeon Nox.
No log no help.
Hi there.

I'm using EXIFTool to write additional properties to my Photo collection, in order to be able to make MyPicsDB working perfectly.

I'm currently running a custom OpenElec image with XBMC Frodo Final in a RPi, with standard Confluence skin, running MyPicsDB 1.2.9.

Unfortunately, after letting MyPicsDB run over the whole collection (around 27000 JPG images), I can't find a couple of tags I added:
- Iptc4xmpExtTongueersonInImage (for these, I noticed the following message in XBMC.log - NOTICE: Exception thrown from MPDB.get_xmp) --> I was expecting to show in the 'Browse by persons', which doesn't even appear as an option.
- Exif:Artist (no message, simply ignores)

Doesn't MyPicsDB support these tags or maybe there is something wrong with my files?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Use the latest MyPicsDB version from my repository, enable debug logging in XBMC and scan only some pictures with tagged persons.
Then copy the log to xbmclogs.com
No log no help.
(2013-02-04, 01:00)Xycl Wrote: Use the latest MyPicsDB version from my repository, enable debug logging in XBMC and scan only some pictures with tagged persons.

Updated to 1.9.19, deleted the old database (just to be on the safe side) and imported images with the above mentioned tags.
- Iptc4xmpExtTongueersonInImage appears correctly now.
- Exif:Artist doesn't appear at all:
Code:
12:36:22 T:2771686496   DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line   275 in scanpath.py object VFSScanner._addpath >> Picture "/storage/nas/Évora 2008/Salto/01sonia/DSC08836s.jpg" inserted
12:36:22 T:2771686496   DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line   214 in scanpath.py object VFSScanner._addpath >> Scanning picture "/storage/nas/Évora 2008/Salto/01sonia/DSC08805s.jpg"

You can check this image here.

A strange thing was that when I tried reading the whole collection again, it stalled on 17,01% (2 times I tried) with no apparent reason (and no apparent relevant message in xbmc.log either). I'm deleting the database again, add the path and try again from scratch (previously I did it by using the add-on option to reinitialize the DB, but the DB file size didn't seem to decrease in proportion...). I will report on this.

Update:
Addon automatically updated to 1.9.20. Database deleted and folder still cannot be scanned, full scan always stops at the same file. You can check a copy of the file here. Search is stopped but process is keeping CPU at 100%. This only stops if XBMC.bin is restarted.

If I remove this file from the folder, it is scanned properly without any problems.

Please let me know if you need any additional help to try to fix this issue.

XBMC.log doesn't say much, but here it is anyway in debug mode.
(2013-02-03, 11:58)Xycl Wrote: Please copy
plugin.image.mypicsdb\resources\skins\Default\720p\translationeditor.xml
to
plugin.image.mypicsdb\resources\skins\Default\1080i

I can confirm that this is a solution that works. Had the problem and ALT-TAB'ed out of XBMC, copied the file and ALT-TAB'et back. Could now open the dialogue without a problem.

I love me my MyPicsDB.

FFY
(2013-02-04, 14:46)pplucky Wrote: Updated to 1.9.19, deleted the old database (just to be on the safe side) and imported images with the above mentioned tags.
Okay now I understand. EXIF:Artist is one of the hundred tags which are ignored Blush
I changed the EXIF parser to include it now.

(2013-02-04, 14:46)pplucky Wrote: A strange thing was that when I tried reading the whole collection again, it stalled on 17,01% (2 times I tried) with no apparent reason (and no apparent relevant message in xbmc.log either). I'm deleting the database again, add the path and try again from scratch (previously I did it by using the add-on option to reinitialize the DB, but the DB file size didn't seem to decrease in proportion...). I will report on this.

Update:
Addon automatically updated to 1.9.20. Database deleted and folder still cannot be scanned, full scan always stops at the same file. You can check a copy of the file here. Search is stopped but process is keeping CPU at 100%. This only stops if XBMC.bin is restarted.

If I remove this file from the folder, it is scanned properly without any problems.

I'll look on it, tomorrow.

(2013-02-04, 17:45)fungify Wrote: I can confirm that this is a solution that works. Had the problem and ALT-TAB'ed out of XBMC, copied the file and ALT-TAB'et back. Could now open the dialogue without a problem.
I've removed the incomplete skins and included a Default/1080i/translationeditor.xml
Hope that it works with all the other skins.
No log no help.
(2013-02-04, 14:46)pplucky Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 01:00)Xycl Wrote: Use the latest MyPicsDB version from my repository, enable debug logging in XBMC and scan only some pictures with tagged persons.

Updated to 1.9.19, deleted the old database (just to be on the safe side) and imported images with the above mentioned tags.
Code:
12:36:22 T:2771686496   DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line   275 in scanpath.py object VFSScanner._addpath >> Picture "/storage/nas/Évora 2008/Salto/01sonia/DSC08836s.jpg" inserted
12:36:22 T:2771686496   DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line   214 in scanpath.py object VFSScanner._addpath >> Scanning picture "/storage/nas/Évora 2008/Salto/01sonia/DSC08805s.jpg"

You can check this image here.

A strange thing was that when I tried reading the whole collection again, it stalled on 17,01% (2 times I tried) with no apparent reason (and no apparent relevant message in xbmc.log either). I'm deleting the database again, add the path and try again from scratch (previously I did it by using the add-on option to reinitialize the DB, but the DB file size didn't seem to decrease in proportion...). I will report on this.

Update:

I've been having the same issues. Seems to affect PNG files as well as JPG's. Files it's sticking on are not corrupt, can be read fine by Windows preview and PSP X3. At a loss what's causing the issue, unless it's something to do with the specific format-related options in those files.
Okay, I found the reason for the infinitive loop.
It's a corrupted EXIF header in the picture.
ExifTool (and most other programs) is clever enough to display "No data" without crashing.

Fix: MyPicsDB wil stop scanning as soon as an unkown/illegal EXIF marker is found.
Version 1.9.22 corrects this issue.
No log no help.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1