• 45(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
(2017-01-27, 14:56)turdferguson Wrote: This error is the exact same one I'm getting with my installation (which previously worked fine with Aeon MQ7). I'm still running Jarvis, but the message in my logs looks the same. Are you also getting an "unsupported addon" notification in your logs too? Wish I could figure this out- this is the only game in town for filtered access to my photo library Sad

I upgraded Kodi to v17 RC4, but that did not make any difference. I checked the kodi.log file, but I don't find any references to unsupported addons.
Hey there folks,

I was wondering about that strange behavior too. Undecided

Under Jarvis 16.1 "My Picture Database" was working fine without any problems, but now after I installed 17.0 Krypton (full, no RC) the same error message appears for me.

After indexing my pictures and when I want to go into the picture folders sorted by folder. When going into the folder where the pictures are I receive an "My Pictures Database error" message and for further information I can go to log.

As this addon is still my favorite I would like to use it ongoing but with this I can not.
Is there anybody out there fixing´solving this please?
Hello,

New Kodi user, I've installed your addon on Kodi Krypton, and followed your guide.
I'm using Kodi Krypton 17 official release on several archlinux computers.
I'm using a centralised mariadb mysql database.

Configuration is OK, but when trying to add a picture path, it fails :
-> Faut-il parcourir ce dossier de manière récursive -> Oui -> OK
-> Faut-il effectuer une analyse -> Oui ->
Mypicture Database préparation - Merci de patienter -> Erreur d'extension, consulter le log

My log says :
2, in raise_error
raise get_mysql_exception(errno,errmsg)
ProgrammingError: 1146: Table 'MyPicsDB.Files' doesn't exist
-->End of Python script error report<--

Exporting the database to a file does not show any Files table in the plain text result.

So, I tried on another computer -> same problem.

What am I doing wrong ?
I found most of the problems I had :

When creating your database, you must specify "utf8-general-ci for the encoding type.
This is why all my tables were not created.

Compare with my previous post ( just above this one )!
AS you can see, my "Files" table, and some others, were created !

Then I got different errors :
And analyzing the log showed me the .py files were not correctly installed :
I copied them from
.kodi/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/resources/lib/
to
.kodi/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb

Now, my collections are created.
But I cannot browse them. No more time today, I'll search tomorrow.

Here is the error :
9:58:46.418 T:140092518450944 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: too many values to unpack
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/didier/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/default.py", line 1868, in <module>
m.show_folders()
File "/home/didier/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/default.py", line 525, in show_folders
for path, filename in picsfromfolder:
ValueError: too many values to unpack
09:58:46.458 T:140093897626944 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb/?action=%27showfolder%27&folderid=%27267%27&method=%27folders%27&name=%27Cassettes%20VHS%20(25%20Images)%27&onlypics=%27non%27&viewmode=%27view%27
09:58:46.459 T:140093897626944 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb/?action=%27showfolder%27&folderid=%27267%27&method=%27folders%27&name=%27Cassettes%20VHS%20(25%20Images)%27&onlypics=%27non%27&viewmode=%27view%27) failed

These are the same errors (1868 and 525) as Gandalph (his post is above mine)
Well, I know the origin programmer of this nice addon has no more that much time to look into this forum here, but maybe somebody else has the same problems as we all have - or, better, someone has ea workaround or fix?
(2016-12-02, 15:03)flowerpot Wrote: hi i am working on win 10 with kodi 16.1 and rapier skin and seem to be getting a error from the picture database eveytime i load the skin up thanks for looking

http://pastebin.com/EQTVQqG4

12:50:23 T:4428 ERROR: [My Pictures Database] line 275 in dbabstractionlayer.py object Database abstraction layer >> <type 'exceptions.Exception'> - no such table: Files

Did you create the database?
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Problem with folder view:
Quote:17:17:50.486 T:3004 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: too many values to unpack
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb\default.py", line 1868, in <module>
m.show_folders()
File "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb\default.py", line 525, in show_folders
for path, filename in picsfromfolder:
ValueError: too many values to unpack
There is a new version 14.3.0 which should fix this problem.
Please try.
No log no help.
Well, I must say a big thanks to you Xycl - the update to v14.3.0 solved "my" problem with folder view. Good job! Wink
Hello,

When making a slideshow of a foder with mix videos and pictures, there is only sound and a black screen for videos. Any solution?
I'm using kodi 17.
Thanks
Xycl, thank you so much for taking the time on the new update! I know you've stepped away from further development due to time constraints, but hopefully we can advocate for someone on the Kodi team making this addon a core function. My family is loving having our photos back on the big screen! Good on you mate!
My Gear
Custom Server: Silverstone GD08, Intel Core i5-4690s, Hauppauge Colossus 12tb Lenovo SA120 JBOD, Win 10, Kodi 16.0, Aeon MQ7
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT50
Onkyo TX-NR5009
OPPO BDP-93
Middle Atlantic ERK-4025
Emotiva XPA-3
Aperion Verus Grand 5.1
Seaton Submersive HP
I have 36,000 pictures in 750 folders. This add-on scans only 101 pictures from the first folder (which has 275) and then it quits. Debugging is turned on in the add-on; there is nothing in the log.

Others on this thread have suggested adding a few folders at a time. That is not practical when I have 750 folders.

I can only conclude that a recursive scan causes this add-on to run out of memory and crash. Even so, I'd have expected it to manage more than 101 out of 36,000. If you are going to program recursively, you need also to program defensively.
I have a source folder with about 15,000 files. It took a long time but they were added to the db during scan.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2017-03-15, 13:40)flafer Wrote: Hello,

When making a slideshow of a foder with mix videos and pictures, there is only sound and a black screen for videos. Any solution?
I'm using kodi 17.
Thanks

Kodi's slideshow doesn't work with videos.
No log no help.
(2017-04-11, 23:58)nogginthenog Wrote: Debugging is turned on in the add-on; there is nothing in the log.
Then it's not the correct log.

(2017-04-11, 23:58)nogginthenog Wrote: I can only conclude that a recursive scan causes this add-on to run out of memory and crash. Even so, I'd have expected it to manage more than 101 out of 36,000. If you are going to program recursively, you need also to program defensively.
After 101 pictures? No. Never.
36,000 files with a name length of 256 characters have the ridiculous high memory consumption of 6 MBs! <-- correction: 9 MBs

Is Kodi able to display the other pictures without MyPicsDB? Perhaps there are access problems.
No log no help.
(2017-05-03, 16:19)Xycl Wrote: Is Kodi able to display the other pictures without MyPicsDB?

Yes it is.

(2017-05-03, 16:19)Xycl Wrote: Perhaps there are access problems.

No there aren't.

The same problem happens on both Kodi Android and Kodi Windows.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1