• 46(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
(2017-05-03, 16:19)Xycl Wrote: After 101 pictures? No. Never.
36,000 files with a name length of 256 characters have the ridiculous high memory consumption of 6 MBs! <-- correction: 9 MBs

And how big is the stack? Big enough for the overhead of 750 nested invocations of your main procedure? It is the stack that runs out of memory during recursion, not the heap. It is not relevant how much global memory is available.
(2017-05-03, 20:02)nogginthenog Wrote: And how big is the stack? Big enough for the overhead of 750 nested invocations of your main procedure? It is the stack that runs out of memory during recursion, not the heap. It is not relevant how much global memory is available.

Look at the source code. The recursion is already finished when adding the pictures in a loop.

Better reasons for you problem:
  1. File and directory permissions
  2. Corrupted EXIF, IPTC or XMP meta tags
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Sorry for this bad english - It is translate with google translate.

My installation is:
Kodi 17.3 on a Raspberry 3
Skin: Confluence
MyPicsDB version 14.3.1

I have created a source for each year.
For example: 2016 or 2017 ...
The folders with the photos are then located.
Eg: "06.2017 - Ferrari driving" or "05.2017 - Holidays with the children"

I look at the photos about "Browse by folders"

I would like to have the following views:
Click on "Browse by Folders" => View: Big List
Click on the folder (eg: 2017) => View: Thumbnail
Click on the folder (eg "06.2017 - Ferrari fahren" => View: Thumbnail

When I click on "Browse by Folders", "View: Thumbnail" is always displayed - The "View: Big List" setting is not saved permanently.

Is this a bug or can I set it in an XML?
(2017-05-03, 16:06)Xycl Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 13:40)flafer Wrote: Hello,

When making a slideshow of a foder with mix videos and pictures, there is only sound and a black screen for videos. Any solution?
I'm using kodi 17.
Thanks

Kodi's slideshow doesn't work with videos.
Hello,
is it posible to exclude the scaned videos in the mix folder for the slideshow?

Thx
Why don't you just remove the videos from the folder and place them in another folder instead of trying to figure out a complex way for Kodi to achieve it?

A bit of housekeeping will work better.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-01-26, 12:28)Xycl Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 09:38)asplundj Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 17:00)heula Wrote: Is there a setting to automaticly run "search for new pictures" (in the background) when Kodi starts?
All I can find in the settings is an option to "perform scan at addon startup" but that does a whole new database scan and is not what I want. The search for new pictures is much faster.

I'm also interested in this. Or a possibility to search for new pictures when running Mypicturesdatabase without a monitor. Usually when I add photos I don't have my kodi box connected to the monitor (which I hide away when I don't watch it) and I want to initiate a search whenever I add photos.

Johan

MyPicsDB Update Service
It still is not working for me. I have found a setting intialise databse at startup addon but that will be automaticly disabled an does not stick. What I want is the addon to search for new images at the start of Kodi without having to open the addon itself first.
That is because I have set the widget "show last 50 images" to show for my picture button in the main menu.

Also the option pop-up scan dialog setting does nothing. What should this do when it works?

Bug 
(2017-07-03, 22:42)Karellen Wrote: Why don't you just remove the videos from the folder and place them in another folder instead of trying to figure out a complex way for Kodi to achieve it?

A bit of housekeeping will work better.

Thanks for your suggestion. But photos and also video from the same event/album belong in one folder. The videos are in a sparate folder in the corresponding photo album. Otherwise I must create for each event the same folder again. I thought such an app like these should facilitate the use?
Besides for what is then the specified "videos" folder if not for videos in the app?

How can I handle fotos and videos separat after the scan e.g. in category last 10 picture? The best way is to exclude the videos in each mixed folder but in the category "videos" folder you can watch?

Thx
@Park,

Sure, ok. Which slideshow add-on are you using?

I ask because I don't think you are in the correct thread to receive the answers to your questions. Unless I have misunderstood your intention.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-04, 13:01)Karellen Wrote: @Park,

Sure, ok. Which slideshow add-on are you using?

I ask because I don't think you are in the correct thread to receive the answers to your questions. Unless I have misunderstood your intention.

Im using My picture Database.
I found this option in the wiki but it doesn't work (anymore)

XBMC.RunScript("C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb\scanpath.py",--database)

Tried this one but no joy either

KODI.RunScript("C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb\scanpath.py",--database)

This is the error I get running those lines

How can I get this line to work and can I put this in my advancedsettings.xml to run automatically at the start of Kodi?

Thanks.
Is there a way to update what is displayed in the exif screen info? I would like to add the aperture, shutter, ISO and zoom data to display when I bring up the info. Is it easy to do that?
I am new to this Plugin, and having problem to scan Tags from XMP created with DigiKam or Darktable. Scanning from EXIF works fine. What format should XMP have to be compatible with MyPicsDB?
My setup:
Raspberry pi 3
LibreELEC 7.0.3
MyPicsDB 14.3.1
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Quote:Features:
EXIF, IPTC & XMP pictures metadata scanning

What XMP is meant here? Embedded into JPG?
I thought a sidecar file.
For each *.jpg I have *.jpg.xmp File. But probably scanning sidecar xmp files is not implemented in MyPicsDB
Hello,

I have exactly the same question: for every picture, let's say image.jpg, I have a xmp sidecar file image.xmp which contains the xmp metadata. It seems this plugin can't read from that file. I'm also new, do I have to change the configuration or is it not possible at the moment ?
Anyone else has a bug in browsing pictures by folders ? I can see all (about11k) pics by tags, time, etc... Only browse by folders isnt working
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1