• 50(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
Hello Xycl!

Thank you for your plugin, I couldn't wait to see that coming on Matrix! I tried to installed it, but I can't find out to make it work so far. At the step 1b from the readme file, it says:
Quote:Within MyPicsDB (not in the configuration) select menu "Paths of pictures folders" to add these paths to the database
My picture folders are correctly added as media sources within the Kodi settings. What do you mean exactly by "within MyPicsDB"? When I try to access the addon via the Pictures section, I just get a refresh with no content. Moreover, is MySQL mandatory to run? It felt like it could run on SQLite.

Thanks!
Windows 11 x64 | Kodi 19 | Developer of Orange TV addon
Ok, that was because it was not first run. I deleted the MyPictures.db file and ran it again. The addon crashed, I pasted the logs here. I got a popup with the message "Database will be updated. You must re-scan your folders". When I try to run it afterwards, I get what I think is the addon main menu with the loading wheel. After a few seconds, I get a blank screen.

I'm running Matrix on a Windows 10 computer, all addon options set to default. Let me know if you need me to run more tests.
Hi BreizhReloaded,

do you have a clean Matrix installation?
I ask because of this log file entry: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb2/) failed

The last time I saw such an entry was after I had deleted an addon in the addon directory.
It seems that there is something corrupted with your addons.
But this is only a guess.

Xycl
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
I forgot to say: Currently MySql or MariaDB are not supported.
Don't even try to use them.
No log no help.
When I tried to update MyPicsDb I got the following error message:
2021-04-20 12:27:34.571 T:11324   ERROR <general>: Failed to move old addon files from 'c:\apps\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb2' to 'c:\apps\Kodi\portable_data\addons\temp\9dc73ca9-a9a7-4cfd-aebf-5593f9e9aa9d'

This could only be solved by deleting the plugin directory  'c:\apps\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb2' and then installing the new MyPicsDB version.

Perhaps a Matrix issue?
No log no help.
It should be clean, I use an other install for my devs. I'm having a deeper look this week and I'll let you know. Thanks!
Ok, you were right: I removed everything including the repository itself, and I finally made it work. It seems to be an error from Matrix, but I don't know what exactly. Anyway, thank you!

Now that it runs, I have a question: can it read XMP tags stored in a separate file? or does it have to be merged into the picture file?

Edit: I solved that by merging the data using exiftool Smile
@Xycl 
Whenever You need testing of MySQL/MariaDB users I'm more than glad to help!
Both with upgrade from Python 2  version and/or with new DB instance.
(2012-06-13, 09:41)Xycl Wrote: This add-on allows you to scan picture tags and to store them into a database.
It's an add-on originally developed by solexalex.

Features:
  • Recursive JPG picture scanning
  • EXIF, IPTC & XMP pictures metadata scanning
  • Filtering by date, folders or tags like keywords, categories, persons or country.
  • Advanced filter wizard that lets you select several tags at once.
  • Local or remote pictures (stored on a NAS).
  • Support of a central MySql database.
  • Sets home window properties for last added or shooted pictures and random pictures. Skinners look at thread WIP Glass
  • Screensaver: Support of Plugin Slideshow Screensaver from Ruuk. Thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153057
  • Add a music playlist to a collection.

Installation until Leia
1) Install Xycl's repo
2) Install MyPicsDB from my repo.

For Matrix
1) Xycl's repo
2) Install MyPicsDB2 from my repo.

The Matrix version should be considered unstable!
I just installed Matrix 19.1 on my window 10 PC with no problem.
I added the MyPicsDB2 addon from the Xycl's Matrix repo but I have the folowing error message:

File "C:\Users\Fabien\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb2\resources\lib\dbabstractionlayer.py", line 85, in DBFactory
                                                       import local.mysql.connector as database
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'local'

see log file https://paste.kodi.tv/cocuzafogi.kodi.

Any idea to solve the issue ?
Thanks.
Hello and many thanks for the Matrix version !

I just upgraded to Matrix on a Vero4K+ and MyPicDB is working just fine. All the features I was using are still fully operational.
BTW I reused my previous database (45000 pictures scanned) and it works like a charm. Did not need to start from scratch.

One question though : I have been using also your "script.service.mypicdb" to update the database on a regular basis (nightly). Can I still use it (is it python3 ?), or do you plan to build a Matrix version ?
Thanks again if any advice
(2021-08-11, 21:58)rockrider69 Wrote: Hello and many thanks for the Matrix version !

I just upgraded to Matrix on a Vero4K+ and MyPicDB is working just fine. All the features I was using are still fully operational.
BTW I reused my previous database (45000 pictures scanned) and it works like a charm. Did not need to start from scratch.

One question though : I have been using also your "script.service.mypicdb" to update the database on a regular basis (nightly). Can I still use it (is it python3 ?), or do you plan to build a Matrix version ?
Thanks again if any advice

Oups, I just checked and found the Matrix version of the service update in your new repository... Sorry for bothering. Everything works just fine now!
Hello Xycl, and thank you for the great plugin! 
It makes Kodi (and any TV-attached device that can run it) the best option for a universal home photo collection player that follows the metadata standards! 

Although the filtering capabilities are amazing, personally I'd also like to have the metadata exposed during photo display, e.g. OSD.
I do understand that your focus is the DB and filtering aspect, and the display part is left to skinners, but at the end there isn't any skin I'm aware of that uses the metadata collected by your plugin.
That is why I'm trying to adjust the slideshow.xml by playing with labels, e.g.:
<label>$INFO[slideshow.caption]</label>

Since Kodi is only indexing the EXIF/IPTC metadata, the Window properties available to $INFO cannot make use of the XMP tags indexed by MypicsDB.

Can you suggest a way to call the MypicsDB.py/MyPictureDB object and "ask" it to provide a list of specific tags for a given photo? (Photo file details are available as $INFO properties in slideshow.xml and can be used as arguments, I suppose).
I'm specifically interested in the list of xmp people tags, i.e. I would like to expose in OSD the names of the people that are present on the photo.
Or any other way to have the metadata exposed to the Window object?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
(2021-04-20, 08:59)Xycl Wrote: I forgot to say: Currently MySql or MariaDB are not supported.
Don't even try to use them.
Is there a plan to implement a support for centralized database?
In case you have more than one kodi device it would be nice to have your MyPicsDB database on your NAS :-)
There is a new version 19.2.2 which supports MySql and Maria dB.

If the update fails then you must delete all sub-folders in the addons/temp folder
On Windows the path is:  C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\temp
In this case you find in Kodi's log file something like:
Quote:ERROR <general>: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file  C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb2
ERROR <general>: Failed to move old addon files from ' C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb2' to ' C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\temp\19defdd5-ecce-4669-9e75-cf8fe33d6f40'
No log no help.
Edit: And delete - if still existing - C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb2
No log no help.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1