• 52(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
great. thanks. and yes, you are right, i just read the last posts Big Grin

mea culpa
Hi all,

is it possible to change the default view to something different than 'list'?

Thanks much!
Hello, how can I include video metadata as well (at least people info, which Lightroom writes into a column designated as 'markings', or however that translates, in win explorer)?

Thanks
(2022-05-15, 19:58)dertyp0815 Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks much!
1) is possible, but I don't have the time to do it.
All the folders and subfolders in MyPicsDB have to be opened with the desired view ID.
That's not rocket science but a lot work.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
(2022-05-27, 14:50)Xycl Wrote:
(2022-05-15, 19:58)dertyp0815 Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks much!
1) is possible, but I don't have the time to do it.
All the folders and subfolders in MyPicsDB have to be opened with the desired view ID.
That's not rocket science but a lot work.
The only way to accelerate the process then would be batch search-and-replace in the config file containing individual folder view settings..whichever one that is Smile ok, thanks.
And how about video tags? Seems so far, videos are inaccessible to tags like person, location etc..is there a way to accomplish that, so videos are tagged and scanned into the proper categories just like pictures?
(2022-05-28, 08:26)dertyp0815 Wrote: And how about video tags? Seems so far, videos are inaccessible to tags like person, location etc..is there a way to accomplish that, so videos are tagged and scanned into the proper categories just like pictures?

As far as i know, the libraries used to load the tags do not support videos.
No log no help.
(2022-05-28, 10:59)Xycl Wrote:
(2022-05-28, 08:26)dertyp0815 Wrote: And how about video tags? Seems so far, videos are inaccessible to tags like person, location etc..is there a way to accomplish that, so videos are tagged and scanned into the proper categories just like pictures?

As far as i know, the libraries used to load the tags do not support videos.
OK,
- is there a way then to manually assign tags to videos through the addon.. to add videos to individual subfolders? Also:
- can I integrate the addon search function with the theme global search menu (in my case Bello), and
- a little bug: after doing a rescan of source directories, pictures are removed from the databse properly, however videos aren't - they remain as dead links Sad
- Use a folder structure like: /Video/2022/Vacation/Spain/Teneriffe/Puerto de la Cruz
then use the "PartialPath" tag to search for you videos.
- Does the global search function support the use of external resultsets? I don't think so.
- I'll correct the bug in the near future
No log no help.
Hi there,

I've just installed the addon for Matrix 19.4.
For the life of me I cannot get it to work.
I've created the database and added both smb and nfs sources.
Both can be added, but it won't scan anything, as none of my photos are loaded into the database.
My paths are like "nfs/smb://server/path to pictures/Picture 1.JPG"
I have even renamed everything to .JPG in my testfolder, as that seems to be the regex.
No joy. When I scan a folder, it says "Scanning Folder", which goes away after 5 seconds.
There's nothing there.
I have tried this both with mariadb and local sqllite, same effect.
The addon seems to connect to the database in both cases (at least according to the log)

Can you give me some hint as to what I am doing wrong?

many thanks and greetings
bobdude
(2022-09-12, 22:10)bobdude Wrote: Hi there,

I've just installed the addon for Matrix 19.4.
For the life of me I cannot get it to work.
I've created the database and added both smb and nfs sources.
Both can be added, but it won't scan anything, as none of my photos are loaded into the database.
My paths are like "nfs/smb://server/path to pictures/Picture 1.JPG"
I have even renamed everything to .JPG in my testfolder, as that seems to be the regex.
No joy. When I scan a folder, it says "Scanning Folder", which goes away after 5 seconds.
There's nothing there.
I have tried this both with mariadb and local sqllite, same effect.
The addon seems to connect to the database in both cases (at least according to the log)

Can you give me some hint as to what I am doing wrong?

many thanks and greetings
bobdude
so I replaced "path to pictures" with /pathtopictures/folder 1_test" with pictures in folder 1_test being named "<name>.no.jpg".
I removed any blanks from the picture root folder. Underneath that blanks don't seem to matter.
Now it works.
Is this by design?

So I am thinking: COOL! Cool I really like this addon!!

While I'm at it, I noticed that there will be thumbs for all pictures, but no folder thumbs when I browse by folder.
It would be awesome, if browsing by folder could generate a preview thumb for each folder.

So Let's say I have a folder "Pics" with the following subfolders:
=>Lake Garda 2017
=>Lake Garda 2015
=>Tuscany 2022

It'd be great, if the addon would create a folder thumbnail for each subfolder based on any random image inside the respective subfolder.

Many thanks and regards
bobdude
I really like this plugin. I would like to use it as an example for writing my own plugin that uses the database. I can't find the latest code anywhere to look at.
All the code in github seems to be very old. When I look at the plugin's lib directory in my Kodi install, "...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb2\resources\lib",
it is completely empty. But the plugin works fine. In "plugin.image.mypicsdb2\default.py" I see:

Code:

__addonname__ = 'plugin.image.mypicsdb2'

# common depends on __addonname__
import mypicsdb.common as common

But I can't find any file named common.py anywhere in the plugin directory.

Can you give me a clue on where the code is for this plugin?

Thanks a lot.
Hi All,
I built a really simple screensaver that displays pictures that are stored by the My Pictures Database addon.
More on this thread:
Screensaver for My Pictures Database addon
Xycl Add-on Repository 2 version 19.0.1
"Could not connect to repository"

Seems it doesn't work in Kodi 20 :-(

PS. I tried to copy modules' content from Kodi 19.5 but till now no success...

xml:
2023-01-21 20:07:36.692 T:4288    error <general>: Repository add-on repository.xycl.addons2 does not have any directory and won't be able to update/serve addons! Please fix the addon.xml definition
2023-01-21 20:07:36.718 T:4288    error <general>: Repository add-on repository.xycl.addons2 uses old schema definition for the repository extension point! This is no longer supported, please update your addon to use <dir> definitions.
2023-01-21 20:07:36.718 T:4288    error <general>: Repository add-on repository.xycl.addons2 does not have any directory and won't be able to update/serve addons! Please fix the addon.xml definition
2023-01-21 20:08:12.422 T:4501    error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'mypicsdb'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb2/default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                       import mypicsdb.common as common
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mypicsdb'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2023-01-21 20:08:12.449 T:4500    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb2/
2023-01-21 20:08:12.459 T:3929    error <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb2/) failed

Sad 
Apparently repo is down and the owner is not active anymore.
Xycl Last Visit: 2022-08-15, 11:10
So it looks like the end of this very useful add-on Sad Sad Sad

I hope some day someone will fork this addon as native Kodi picture's handling is awful.
Got it!
I missed one dependency to copy.
When all MyPicsDB dependent addons are copied:

script.service.mypicsdb2
script.module.mypicsdb2scan
script.module.mypicsdb2lib
repository.xycl.addons2
plugin.image.mypicsdb2

from Kodi 19 /storage/.kodi/addons to Kodi 20 /storage/.kodi/addons then it works.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1