• 11(current)
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
seems to be broken again on libreelec alpha 009 with libcec4, anyone else had any luck with that?
I have been using a pulse eight adapter perfectly with Kodi (windows install), today I updated to 17.2RC from 16.1 and I cannot get this to work anymore, when I go into the input section in Kodi the "Peripheral" section is greyed out so I cannot select it to even try and configure it anymore.

I can load up the pulse eight app in windows and its detecting the remote and functioning fine, its just Kodi I cannot get to detect it, have spent the last couple of hours searching threads etc with no luck any advice appreciated.
(2017-01-01, 20:46)JDR82 Wrote: I have been using a pulse eight adapter perfectly with Kodi (windows install), today I updated to 17.2RC from 16.1 and I cannot get this to work anymore, when I go into the input section in Kodi the "Peripheral" section is greyed out so I cannot select it to even try and configure it anymore.

I can load up the pulse eight app in windows and its detecting the remote and functioning fine, its just Kodi I cannot get to detect it, have spent the last couple of hours searching threads etc with no luck any advice appreciated.

Just updated rc1 to rc2 (WIN10) and i have no problem.
Win app=libcec 3.0 kodi=libcec 4.0.
Tried a fresh install?
I also use a pulse eight usb adapter and im really happy, but i use 15.1. The 17RC1 and RC2 didnt detect my adapter. In Windows CEC Tray 3.0 it works, but no success in Kodi 17. Kodi 17RC2 is a clean installation. Or is my Windows 7 x64 the Problem?
Hi, anyone here using the pulse eight USB adapter passing 4k 50 through ?

just would like to know if its really capable and may need some extra work, i tried all kinda combos but everything beyond 4k 30 (hdmi 1.4) i only get a black screen,
audio still running through bit no video ...

1080p is of course running fine, cables directly connected to my GTX1070 also working flawlessly with 4k 50 +
Here is another clean installation with clean driver, win libcec and kodi 17rc2. in logfile i see my device but not in kodi.

logfile
win7 home premium x64, pulse-eight usb to hdmi cec adapter, libcec (v3.0.0, rev2) installed
- works fine with libcec tray
- works fine with kodi 16.1 (20160424)
- kodi 17 betas, alphas, rc2: no cec options, "Peripheral" grayed out
I just purchased one of these as i wanted to restore the ability to control my soundbar volume on my Kodi remote that i lost when going from a Raspberry Pi to a Asus Chromebox. I had a nightmare and nearly ended up assuming my $300 soundbar was broke, somehow by coincidence until i managed to do a hard reset on it. I just posted a thread on it if anyone can help as i'd like to use this adapter.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303347
(2017-01-03, 08:24)alturismo Wrote: Hi, anyone here using the pulse eight USB adapter passing 4k 50 through ?

just would like to know if its really capable and may need some extra work, i tried all kinda combos but everything beyond 4k 30 (hdmi 1.4) i only get a black screen,
audio still running through bit no video ...

1080p is of course running fine, cables directly connected to my GTX1070 also working flawlessly with 4k 50 +

From wat I understand it should. Cec adapter only injects the cec part en leaves all the other stuff ontouched. Better contact pulse-eight to be shure.
I did, sadly no answer yet ... and i gave up, 4k 30 is max ... Windows, Linux, Shield even goes down to 720 when hot plugged ...
I tried a clean windows and Kodi install and still could not get Kodi 17 RC2 to work with my pulse eight adapter, went back to 16.1 and it worked straight away.
Any idea when a version of libcec 4 compiled for windows will be released? There is only V3 one the pulse eight website and GitHub doesn't have precompiled releases.
Hello,
probably someone has already answered this somewhere, however I did not find it so far. Hence I'll ask again here:Huh

I do have Kodi (Jarvis) running on Ubuntu (latest LTS version). Is it possible to avoid waking up the connected TV (Sony KDL60EX705) when the PC executes an timer controlled recording (I'm using Tvheadend with a Digital Devices Sat Tuner Card). Right now waking up and sleeping does not yet work, but I believe that I can solve this, but once this is solved I would rather not have the PC wake up the TV once it does execute a recording. Of course Kodi should wake up the TV when it's in "normal" use. Currently I do "wake" up the TV using a Master-Slave powerstrip. The Pulse Eight Adapter would be a better solution if one could avoid waking up for automated recordings.

Thanks alot,
Bernd
(2017-01-09, 00:30)teeedubb Wrote: Any idea when a version of libcec 4 compiled for windows will be released? There is only V3 one the pulse eight website and GitHub doesn't have precompiled releases.

Same question here ! Where can we find a compiled version of libcec 4.0.1 for Windows ?
(2017-01-15, 20:24)ova13 Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 00:30)teeedubb Wrote: Any idea when a version of libcec 4 compiled for windows will be released? There is only V3 one the pulse eight website and GitHub doesn't have precompiled releases.

Same question here ! Where can we find a compiled version of libcec 4.0.1 for Windows ?

Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” Release Candidate 3 was updated to CEC 4.0.1 Smile
See here and there
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1