• 13(current)
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
UP !

(2017-05-22, 10:50)davideberto Wrote: Sorry

But i did not understand i can also control windows by replacing the mouse?

With Pulse-Eight can i control Windows??

Thanks
I just purchased this under the assumption that I would be able to control my AVR volume from within KODI instead of using two different remotes (one for KODI and one for my AVR just for the volume).

Apparently this is not the case with this device? Or, am I missing something?
If your AVR is cec compatible, then this device is correct.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
(2017-06-11, 16:48)Usafle Wrote: I just purchased this under the assumption that I would be able to control my AVR volume from within KODI instead of using two different remotes (one for KODI and one for my AVR just for the volume).

Apparently this is not the case with this device? Or, am I missing something?

You can use the Pulse8 adaptor to control your AVR volume should you wish to. I do. I don't actually use my TV remote to control Kodi over CEC - I purely use the CEC adaptor for AVR volume control.
(2017-06-11, 16:50)alturismo Wrote: If your AVR is cec compatible, then this device is correct.

The AVR is CEC Compatible. If I shut off my TV, then the AVR shuts off and vice-versa.

(2017-06-11, 19:42)noggin Wrote: You can use the Pulse8 adaptor to control your AVR volume should you wish to. I do. I don't actually use my TV remote to control Kodi over CEC - I purely use the CEC adaptor for AVR volume control.

I've got it set up as follows:

HTPC to Pulse 8 to AVR to TV. Pressing the volume control on my Logitech wireless keyboard still only changes the Windows volume and not the AVR or Kodi Volume.

What am I missing then?
(2017-06-12, 04:21)Usafle Wrote:
(2017-06-11, 16:50)alturismo Wrote: If your AVR is cec compatible, then this device is correct.

The AVR is CEC Compatible. If I shut off my TV, then the AVR shuts off and vice-versa.

(2017-06-11, 19:42)noggin Wrote: You can use the Pulse8 adaptor to control your AVR volume should you wish to. I do. I don't actually use my TV remote to control Kodi over CEC - I purely use the CEC adaptor for AVR volume control.

I've got it set up as follows:

HTPC to Pulse 8 to AVR to TV. Pressing the volume control on my Logitech wireless keyboard still only changes the Windows volume and not the AVR or Kodi Volume.

What am I missing then?

Sorry - I hadn't spotted you were running WIndows, rather than LibreElec (I use my CEC adaptor with LE). I haven't use the Pulse8 under Windows. I think the Vol +/- buttons on the Logitech keyboard send Media Transport commands which are received directly by the OS (and not passed on to Kodi). I guess you need to see if there is a utility or registry edit to allow these to be remapped, or instead create a Kodi Keymap that uses different (non-OS intercepted) key strokes for Vol +/- that Windows will ignore.

The issue here isn't that your Pulse8 can't control your AVR, it's that your Logitech keyboard keys are being picked up directly via the OS, and don't reach Kodi - so Kodi can't send them to the Pulse8 adaptor. (i.e. it's not your CEC adaptor not working, it's your CEC adaptor isn't being asked to do anything)
(2017-06-12, 08:56)noggin Wrote: Sorry - I hadn't spotted you were running WIndows, rather than LibreElec (I use my CEC adaptor with LE). I haven't use the Pulse8 under Windows. I think the Vol +/- buttons on the Logitech keyboard send Media Transport commands which are received directly by the OS (and not passed on to Kodi). I guess you need to see if there is a utility or registry edit to allow these to be remapped, or instead create a Kodi Keymap that uses different (non-OS intercepted) key strokes for Vol +/- that Windows will ignore.

The issue here isn't that your Pulse8 can't control your AVR, it's that your Logitech keyboard keys are being picked up directly via the OS, and don't reach Kodi - so Kodi can't send them to the Pulse8 adaptor. (i.e. it's not your CEC adaptor not working, it's your CEC adaptor isn't being asked to do anything)

Ok that clears it up. I understand what you are saying about the Vol keys not "making it" to Kodi. That makes sense. Oh well. Looks like I bought this for naught then as it was the only reason why I wanted it.

I've got a Minix Android box that has built in CEC adapter and I'm running LibreELEC on that. That, however, doesn't control the volume on my TV either. I guess all CEC enabled devices hate me or something. lol
Ok, so for MONTHS I've had one of these CEC adapters in my possession, but it's never worked. Detected in LibreELEC, but keypresses did nothing. I emailed their support team EONS ago about this, and only ever got 1 response, then dead silence. Incredibly disappointing stuff. Wouldn't buy from them again.

Months later, in doing lots of research, I finally came across a gem of information. Someone suggested using a powered hub, as the boot sequence of the TV/NUC combination wouldn't power the adapter quickly enough, and therefore not register the keypresses.

In trying this solution, it fixed everything. Can finally use my i3 NUC with the Samsung TV/CEC support. Product works 100% of the time when it does, but was not given any reliable support to get it going.
Anyone having an issue where random button presses result in a repeat action, e.g. flicking down through menu options suddenly it will jump down two sections with just one push.

It seems to be totally random when it will happen sometimes you could push the button 10 times before a repeat sometimes every other key press.

Anyone else suffering from this and have a solution?

I am running the latest Kodi, libCEC, updated the adapter to the latest firmware etc
may someone has this working with 4k 50/60 bt2020 ? here its max at 4 k rec 709 ... as soon i have higher values i only get black screen ...

figured that while testing with HDR Videos ... when i use it im limited to upper values ... when i take it off im good Wink

but as i really got used to it (my harmony ultimate is already dismounted) it would be really nice if there could come a updated hardware version Wink
(2017-11-22, 20:40)alturismo Wrote: may someone has this working with 4k 50/60 bt2020 ?
Hi,
Quote:Does not support resolutions and colour spaces greater than 4k60 4:2:0 8-bit colour.
https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/104/usb-hdmi-cec-adapter
Kodi 19.5-Matrix/OpenGLES/gbm (+ PR19558 ) - Linux kernel 5.14.21 x86_64 - ffmpeg 4.4-git (+ patch )
Mesa 22.3.7 with iris driver - VA-API version 1.16.0 + Intel iHD driver version 22.6.3 - libdrm 2.4.116 - libcec 6.0.2
Intel i9-11900T - ASRock Z590 Extreme - BIOS version 2.20
Thanks for the link, never saw that yet [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
Is this product still actively supported?

Bought one end of last year which never really worked as expected. libcec has been updated last time in July last year and many recent pull requests to fix issues seem to be ignored. I also contacted their support but never got a reply.

Too bad, actually this looked like a great product to finally consilidate the many remotes on my desk. Due to issues with kodi 18 and libcec which I don't believe to get fixed any time soon I am now looking for an alternative.
(2018-03-30, 02:13)Spirou Wrote: Bought one end of last year which never really worked as expected. libcec has been updated last time in July last year and many recent pull requests to fix issues seem to be ignored. I also contacted their support but never got a reply.

Too bad, actually this looked like a great product to finally consilidate the many remotes on my desk. Due to issues with kodi 18 and libcec which I don't believe to get fixed any time soon I am now looking for an alternative.
I've been tiered all of that and finally bought Raspberry Pi3. I put latest LibreElec on it and enjoy it with my 10-years Full HD Samsung plasma. I use remote to control TV and Kodi and never switch R Pi3 off Smile
Would b interesting to read what the team kodi perception is. Odenkamp, the maintainer of libcec, seemed to be part of it, but I actually haven't seen much of him lately. If this means a complete pull-back from cec support in kodi that would be an important message. Also libreelec's solution on RPi is based on cec.

Update: I also have a few raspberries with libreelec and I found this how-to very helpful. It is, unfortunately, in German but you will quickly get an idea how easy it can be to get almost any IR remote working with the RPi. It is also supported under libreelec and the XBOX remote works in perfect harmony with it.

One of my LED tvs doesn't even support CEC (yes, it is a recent build) so there was a need to find a solution like the above.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1