• 6(current)
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
i got many problems, and dont get it to work...

first my hardware:
new HTPC: AMD Kabini A5350, ASROCK AM1B-ITX, 4GB DRR3 Crucial, HDMI-CEC-Adapter (Firmware v4)
AVR: Pioneer VSX 922 K http://www.pioneer.eu/de/products/archiv.../page.html (has HDMI-CEC) - i think he makes the problems
TV: SAMSUNG UE40ES6710 (has HDMI-CEC)

software tried:
windows 8.1 + Kodi 14, Kodibuntu 14, xbmcbuntu 13

i dont get CEC working on anyone.
i tried plugged in AVR (settings im XBMC/Kodi are made for AVR, and the right Port on that, tried different)
i tried plugged in TV (settings im XBMC/Kodi are made for TV, and the right Port on that, tried HDMI 3) even tried with plugged AVR off, still no CEC
(tried different HDMI Cables, one of them worked with my raspberry before)

anyone got an idea?

and in the settings for the CEC adapter i can choose HDMI Port and physical adress, what that for, whats the difference?

another question, on every system i tried, the shutdown command dont work, xbmc/kodi just freezes
can someone help me cwith my settings? my htpc in connetcted to HDMI 4 on AVR and this one to HDMI2 on TV, wich settings i have to enter? TV and 2, or AVR and 4 ? Both are CEC capable, mostly. the Pioneer AVR is a bit fucked up in my opinion
AVR and 4. This is how I configured it and works
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

I want to power on my TV when Kodi is starting which works fine with this device when Kodi is doing a fresh boot. But it does not work when Kodi is waking up from standby (which I use all the time). I guess part of the problem is that the USB device has to be detected by OpenELEC just after wake up. Can I do something about it or is it just not meant to work?
Hi,

I've just made the move from XBMC to KODI. Everything is fine EXCEPT my Pulse Eight CEC adaptor.

I see it just fine in KODI (settings) and from Ubuntu (cec-client catches button presses), but when I open KODI I get an error message "Could not initialize CEC adaptor. See settings."

Can anyone help. I've had to go back to using a keyboard to pilot XBMC !

Thanks

Justin
I would like to reiterate on a feature request I've made elsewhere, because it might be something users of this thread might like to be implemented as well:

In it's current implementation, whenever the system running Kodi is woken from standby, the CEC adapter sends out a wake up call to all the connected HDMI devices.

But this also happens when the system is woken from sleep NOT by the user but by an automated task like a schedules tv recording or a system update.

That's not how it should be in my opinion - imagine you're having a Kodi setup in your bedroom and every time there's an update or tv recording the TV is turned on as well and lights up the entire room! So much for a good nights sleep…

So the CEC implementation in Kodi should only send out a wakeup call, when the system is woken by a USER ACTION. This should be quite easily done, as Windows for example differentiates between an ACPI wake-up call coming from the power-button or remote and a scheduled wake-up by a timer.
Anyone? I can't be the only one having this issues, right?!
I think it is time to finally provide some feedback. It was about two years since I've started using CEC adapter and it works beautifully fine ... well mostly.

So my current setup is a regular PC running Windows 8.1 with the latest Kodi, nothing special here.
Yamaha AVR and Samsung TV - both CEC enabled and connected, Kodi automatically set input, can control volume, can power-up both devices, TV remote controls Kodi.

I have only two things to mention:

First thing - depending on where you control the volume TV will show two or three volume indicators, kind of annoying but I don't think anything can be done here as it is not Kodi fault but rather AVR and TV.
The second thing - is that when you put Kodi to sleep it suppose to turn off TV and AVR and this is not happening, my best guess is that delay is too long and PC goes to sleep (and stop communicating) before it has a chance of sending off signal. Power button on TV in turn will bring the whole system to sleep just fine. I'm not sure if this is a particular issue with my setup or generic issue but I have it from day one and since than my PC was completely replaced, switched to 8.1 from 7 and from XBMC to Kodi, issue is still there.

Saying that in general - Pulse Eight adapter is a must for any media PC!!
Hi

I have usb cec adapter for few last years and it worked without problems on 3 computers. I have bought pipo x7 mini pc yesterday and tried adapter on it but it does not work. I have instaled libcec.
It says that it is found and installed when Kodi starts, but does not communicate with my tv.
Any suggestions?
Just got my Pulse Eight USB CEC adapter today, but unfortunately it doesn't work. =(

I have my PC connected to TV by HDMI cable so I put the adapter between those and no picture or sound on TV.. remote does work and I can control Kodi, but on my PC screen! So the CEC part seems to work and audio/video not.

Update:

OK, this was certainly a weird "ghost in the machine" type of experience.

After multiple reconnects, different HDMI ports on TV and Graphics card and trying different HDMI cables nothing worked.

Then I opened libCEC again and on CEC tester tab I tried Put device on standby which it did and then i clicked on power on device and bingo. My PC monitor turned off and pictured appeared on TV. Afterwards I tried changing cables, ports, etc. all worked now. I think sending the power on device signal somehow registered the adapter with TV or triggered the HDCP protocol if that wasn't working.. whatever it was it's all perfect now even all the buttons on remote work without any configuration.
Something I ran into with the external cec adapter, I had to have a powered usb hub ( cec usb cable plugged into the hub ) attached to my system for the cec to work correctly when coming out of sleep or first time boot up from power off.
(2015-05-28, 05:13)T-Nation Wrote: Something I ran into with the external cec adapter, I had to have a powered usb hub ( cec usb cable plugged into the hub ) attached to my system for the cec to work correctly when coming out of sleep or first time boot up from power off.
This is because the CEC adapter needs USB before video. Some devices do not follow this order (one example is the Asus Chromebox) so the USB has to get power elsewhere. Not all devices will require this.
Lol the nuc is one of those devices. Smile
Question 
Hi, I just brought my nearly 20 year-old A/V-Receiver up-to-date with a Behringer Firepower FCA610 USB audio-interface. Sounds great! Smile KODI is controlled fine with the remote of the TV, but I cannot control the system volume of the Ubuntu host via the remote control of the TV. What do I have to configure?

Thanx for any hint! Smile

KODI ist great! Smile
Hi there,

Just have a (maybe silly) question :
I switched to Isengard beta 2 yesterday evening. All seems to work well in Kodi except that now it is using libcec-3.0 and I am not able to make it recognised/discovered by Kodi ./configure (so my TV remote is not working, not detected).

Here is how I am compiling Kodi :
- git clone
- git checkout tags/15.0b2-Isengard
- ./bootstrap
- ./configure --prefix=/usr/local (and others things I am not using like --disable-airplay for example)

At the end of the configure, it says :
libcec -> disabled

So, I looked into config.log and configure script to see what happens.
configure finds libcec-3.0, but fails to verify the name of the shared library (soname).
So I came into the libcec-3.0 local git repo, execute the commands another time (mkdir build; cd build; cmake ..; make install) and read carefully the last screen talking about where it installed which files.
On the last line I find the static libcec.a (I do not have the exact filename right now), but I am not able to see where it installed the .so one, so I am guessing it is not built ...

Is there something I missed to build the shared library ? or is it not means to be compiled and I am not compiling Kodi the right way ?

Thanks for your help
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1