• 2(current)
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
(2012-06-14, 15:40)Malard Wrote: I really value feedback and so would like to see how we can improve the product going forward

Thanks

If that's so, why no response?
Sorry for the lack of posting back to this thread, I've been away, back now and following up 1.7.1 is in Eden Trunk (official site) it went in a couple of days ago in the latest merge window.

Mac builds are an issue for us, because we are not mac developers, we have only ever provided mac builds as a convenience, we do try to support it as best as we can, but as a company of 2, our resources are limited.

(2012-07-02, 16:27)PatrickVogeli Wrote: I have an easy one. I have a quite stantard setup:

-TV: Sony 46EX720
-AVR: Sony STR-DH700
-HTPC: Asrock ION 300HT
-Remote: Logitech Harmony 300

Connected to the AVR are an XBOX 360 and the HPT (both via HDMI), and the TV through optical (for TV audio).

Very simple question: what would I gain if I change from this Harmony based setup over to the USB CEC adapter?

Of course, there are some areas in which I'm not too thrilled with my current setup. One for example is if I'm watching a movie and I want to have a quick look into a football match that's running on tv. I have to:

1. Pause the movie
2. Set the harmony to control the AVR
3. Switch avr inputs (to have tv sound)
4. Set the harmony to control TV
5. Switch to TV Tunner
And inverse to continue with the movie

Would using USB CEC make that easier? faster? For what's worth, I quite like the Sony remote..

Thanks Smile

EDIT: just to be 100% honest, even if it does everything I want it to do, I might not buy it.

You have 2 options,

1) You can use the Harmony still with the adapter, but you don't need any macro's to switch everything off, when you tell the TV to turn off, the PC will turn off also.

You can tell XBMC to change the volume and the Amp will respond to the volume change request (i.e. your modifying the DB value in the amp not in software in xbmc)

Or you can use the original Sony remote, it is up to you .

Pausing the movie when active source is lost, is not a feature we have thought about and I will ask opdenkamp to look into that feature

Thanks
Our Mac buildserver is up and running now, and builds are available on our packages page: http://packages.pulse-eight.net/
You can expect regular updates for this OS now, that will be uploaded at the same time as for the other platforms.

All CEC related updates have also been merged into master now, so they'll be available in the latest official nightlies, and they in the next Frodo Alpha build.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2012-07-05, 17:14)dushmaniac Wrote: Our Mac buildserver is up and running now, and builds are available on our packages page: http://packages.pulse-eight.net/
You can expect regular updates for this OS now, that will be uploaded at the same time as for the other platforms.

All CEC related updates have also been merged into master now, so they'll be available in the latest official nightlies, and they in the next Frodo Alpha build.

Well, that's good news...

So for the future, what builds will be the first up-to-date ones - the ones from your packages page or the official nightlies?
Having bought one of your usb cec devices I don't use it as it's just too confusing to set up, My remote does not "Work out of the box" as it should and I really don't have the time to learn all of the text that goes into keymap.xml or is it the remote.xml etc, Surely there is a easier answer to this? Perhaps something within xbmc to map button presses?
Just bought one of these units, like the idea but no instructions to setup for a newbie.
xbmc won't initialise cec adaptor, look on site and find that you have to use a special install , do install and same result.
format hard drive reload ubuntu 12.04 fix sound issues install xbmc from pulse eight site and still xbmc can't initialise device.
thought it would have been a bit more plug and play which for a non geek would be better.
Hi there,

so at the end I purchased the little USB-CEC adapter!

It is a great device and it makes things really easier, however, it has some quirks which I hope I'll be able to solve soon.

1.- Setup: it could be easier. I think pulse-eight should put together a really complete guide on how to proceed with everything, like HW install (which is actually pretty obvious, sure), SW install and setup and what to do to upgrade firmware and so on. It took me quite a while to figure how I could upgrade the firmware on that little thing!

2.- You can set the adapter to turn the TV + AVR off when the computer goes into standby or to turn the computer into standby when you turn off the TV, as well as turning the TV on when XBMC resumes. All options are great and, for me, are some main selling points of the adapter! However, if I set the computer to Suspend when the TV is turned off or turn the TV+AVR off when the computer goes into standby, when the computer wakes up again I get no sound, I have to reboot the computer. One of the main selling points is directly lost! I hope I can get in touch soon with Pulse-eight Support to solve this one because, for me, it's a showstopper.

Once this second issue is solved, I'll be completely happy with it.
2. Is probably not the fault of pulse-eight but of xbmc.
1. http://packages.pulse-eight.net gives the firmware upgrade
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi, thanks for your answer.

I just checked, and using the Pulse build of openelec 2.0 sound works as expected. Differences? It has libcec 2.0.4 instead of 2.0.5 and it based on XBMC eden rather than being a beta eden.

I'll think about what I'll do, if working with that issue or downgrade to eden until it's fixed.. probably the 1st option!

Anyway, I have an XBMC.log file, if someone wants to look into. The turn off and on was about 23:36, at the end of the log. http://pastebin.com/ibvHEt1T

Patch just got merged so it would be safe to try OE3.0 rc3 when it comes out.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks again for the quick answer!

Just to make sure, I've read about some suspend issues in Linux, but they aren't referred to the USB-CEC adapter. The one I'm describing only happens since I started to use the adapter.. and in fact, if I disable to turn the TV off when going to Standby and Going to standby when the tv is turned off and then suspend manually then it works.

BIG EDIT: so it seems it's not related to the USB-CEC adapter!! I've just done a test: if I turn the TV+AMP off and then Suspend the system, I get no sound on resume. However, if I suspend the system and then turn the tv off, then I get sound correctly! With the CEC adapter, this issue is triggered everytime, but when I do it manually it isn't, probably because I've always put the computer to sleep before turning off the tv... nice one. As stated in some thread, the issue is resolved if I play a movie which bitstreams audio first.. Then after stopping the movie, audio for music plays back fine again.. whoa!
I ordered one today to go with my HTPC, Panasonic BTT282 HTS and Panasonic L32E5 Led-TV.

I'll make sure to post my experiences here!

Edit: then again, I'm not a much demanding customer. All I care about is that it switches my devices on when I startup XBMC and sets them to the right input. I will just use my harmony to control my HTPC. Smile Regardless, I will still post my experiences. Smile
TV: Panasonic L32E5
AVR: Panasonic BTT282
HTPC: Antec Fusion 430 Silver - Antec Earthwatts EA-500D Green - Asrock A75M-HVS - AMD A8-3870K - Scythe Ninja Rev. B - Kingston 2x4 GB 1866Mhz - Crucial M4 SSD 64GB - OS: Windows 8 x64
REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 555
STORAGE: Synology DS211 [2TB]
GAMING: PS3 Classic 80GB
I'm really interested in this device, but my TV doesn't appear to support CEC. Is there any way other than buying a new TV (which my wife has currently forbidden) to get this to turn on the TV and AVR (which does support CEC) and turn them off when the HTPC is put to sleep?
Hi folks, i have just bought one and it is working well, only two questions:

1) i have samsung CEC compatible tv - when i switch to my xbmc htpc the pc wakes from suspend and i can control with the remote, but sometimes it flashes a message that the anynet+ device is disconnected even though it isnt, its more annoying that anything.

2) is there anyway of getting the remote to work on the windows 8 metro screen so if i wanted to exit xbmc and load the native netfilx app via the tile?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1