• 4(current)
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
Who has programmed the CEC part in XBMC anyway?

A simple fix would be only send CEC power on/off signals in response to user action (using power button in XBMC gui or power button on a remote).
Got one of these for xmas.
Impressed with the device but just a little depressed with the lack of configurability for XBMC.

Also curious if it's at all possible to remap keys on the TV remote that activate options on the TV as well as in XBMCHuh Making that remote button exclusive to XBMC whilst on the XBMC source (i.e. HDMI 1)

Great device, hopefully the coding can continue.
Yeah I got one as well. Pulse eights software didnt even see my protector uninstalled and just left the windows driver then used with xbmc. XBMC's coding for the adapter is flawless runs very well with Yamaha rx 676 receiver and Epson 9100 projecter.

Hope support for cec key mapping could be looked at.

Saw a program on github HDMI-CEC tray that people were recommending but link went dead Sad
I think you can just use remote.xml for keymapping. Turn debug logging on and press keys to identify certain ones if you're not sure what they are.
(2013-12-28, 07:03)Ned Scott Wrote: I think you can just use remote.xml for keymapping. Turn debug logging on and press keys to identify certain ones if you're not sure what they are.

My only issue with this is that some keys on the remote cannot be remapped if they are intercepted by the TV first and used exclusively by the TV. I just wish there was a way of remapping these.
(2013-12-30, 00:19)TheFonz Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 07:03)Ned Scott Wrote: I think you can just use remote.xml for keymapping. Turn debug logging on and press keys to identify certain ones if you're not sure what they are.

My only issue with this is that some keys on the remote cannot be remapped if they are intercepted by the TV first and used exclusively by the TV. I just wish there was a way of remapping these.

You can't do that, it's hardcoded in the TV's firmware what to do with each key, so the TV doesn't pass specific keys to the devices (xbmc in this case), there's nothing a device can do to change that.
Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the cec usb adapter from accepting input from the remote, and only utilise the features such as pausing when changing source and powering on the HTPC when powering on the TV?
Is it possible to change the name the PulseEight CEC adapter sends to the TV?

When I check the Viera Link Menu of my Panasonic 50GT50 it states "Player1" and "Player2". One of them is my XBMC Client and the other is my Blu Ray Player. Can this be modified somehow? If only one of them is connected it simply says "Player". And I cannot remember which is which... this might also change whomever comes first.

It would be great if my HTPC would simply state "XBMC" to the TV instead of "Player". Is this possible?
Will receive my adaptor this afternoon - hope it will work like I expect..

Have a Eeebox (openelec) LG smart TV, Pioneer VSX-922, and are hoping to control the XBMC, with the magic remote..
(2014-04-14, 19:57)meka Wrote: Is it possible to change the name the PulseEight CEC adapter sends to the TV?

When I check the Viera Link Menu of my Panasonic 50GT50 it states "Player1" and "Player2". One of them is my XBMC Client and the other is my Blu Ray Player. Can this be modified somehow? If only one of them is connected it simply says "Player". And I cannot remember which is which... this might also change whomever comes first.

It would be great if my HTPC would simply state "XBMC" to the TV instead of "Player". Is this possible?

It would be possible if the Panasonic TV accepted the name change. On my Pana VT50 I can see in the xbmc debug log that P8 adapter tries to set the name to XBMC but fails since the TV won't accept it.
Ok. Too bad. But thank you!
It seems that Pulse-Eight isn't providing the lib-cec drivers on their website. Does anyone have a copy of libcec 2.1.4 that they can share?

I had to reinstall the OS on my computer and I lost the drivers.
Hey everyone, just saw this thread and decided to show you all my review.

I love this device and have been using it daily without issue for a long time now.

http://www.homemediatech.net/pulse-eight...-review/50
Friends, I would like to know if this product can connect to my tv simply connect to the mac mini or resume from hibernation.
(2014-09-22, 20:02)sp00k001 Wrote: It seems that Pulse-Eight isn't providing the lib-cec drivers on their website. Does anyone have a copy of libcec 2.1.4 that they can share?

I had to reinstall the OS on my computer and I lost the drivers.

linux you do not drivers.
wind you will need drivers
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1