Odd scraping bug - TheTVDB and 'The Addams Family'
I figure this is the best place to post this, and I'm not including a debug right this second as I need to clear out passwords and such if it's requested. I'm noticing this issue on OSX and Windows versions of XBMC Eden (11.0 release build). I have not tested it on any other version.

For some reason when I scrape 'The.Addams.Family', the first 3 episodes (The.Addams.Family.s01.e01.mkv, The.Addams.Family.s01.e02.mkv, The Addams.Family.s01.e03.mkv), they scrape fine. The rest of the episodes did not. (s01.e04, s01.e05, etc).

I'm using DVD order.

In the record for 'The Addams Family' on TheTVDB, a number of episodes have 'DVD Episode Number' list for them. Some do not. But for the sake of this report, the first 8 for example did, listed as 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, etc. For testing purposes, I removed the DVD Episode Number within the database on episode s01.e04, and waited a number of hours for it to sync up (for some reason it caches the old data somewhere and eventually syncs to the live interface when it scrapes). This worked. Episode 4 now scraped fine (the rest of course did not). The part I don't get is why the first 3 episodes worked but the rest don't. I know if I remove DVD Episode Numbers from all the records related to this show, it will work. I'll also probably piss some people off, so I don't necessarily want to do this.

Can someone test this? I'll gladly supply a debug if required, but after looking at the log, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. No errors were reported (other than it couldn't find an NFO file of course).

Feel free to ask me any other questions regarding my configuration. I'm sure I left something out. If this is being discussed within this forum somewhere, I didn't see it. I did look first of course.

This isn't the first time I've noticed something like this. I usually just 'adjust' the records, but I really want to find out what's going on here.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Regards,

Randy
OK, I think I figured out what's going on.

Normally the DVD Episode Number is used to indicate the actual order on the DVD release. The problem is that shows like The Addams Family is not necessarily in season order. They were released as volumes. Some shows on the first volume for example might span multiple seasons. The person that entered the information (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.3, 3.1, etc) might have done it wrong from what I can tell on TheTVDB wiki. It appears that DVD Episode Number should be for example 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc for episodes within that season to correct for standard episode ordering. If a two-part episode is split on the DVD, you might have 1.1 and 1.2.

The DVD Season number can be used to correct the season if needed.

In any case, I'll correct The Addams Family record.

Sorry for the trouble.

Instead of deleting this thread in case someone else comes across something like this, I'll leave it unless this is already heavily covered, in which case I'll gladly delete it.

Randy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd scraping bug - TheTVDB and 'The Addams Family'0