my new build
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813157273 mobo ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103951 cpu amd a6-3500

Reusing my 4gb from old system and gt 430 and old psu

This is mostly for xbmc watch nothing else nothing more at the moment maybe a few emulators but no gaming.paid abbout 159shipped for this build it'll be here tommorrow.
I am going to buy almost same build. ASRock A75M-ITX + AMD A6-3500 + 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz + case AKASA Crypto 80W + USB tuner DVB-T Evolve Mars
Boot from USB 8GB to XBMC buntu. Films and music on NAS.
I'm installing windows 7 64bit and make the computer sleep when i'm not using it.had to many problems with openelec and slow transfer from windows pc to openelec but still should be pretty fast.
Got my build up and running using windows 7 64bit and using aeon mq4 skin works no problem computer is much faster pretty nice upgrade.
Interesting. I recently moved away from windows to openelec on my zotac id40 and the performance is much better. What kind of issues were you having with openelec?
(2013-02-06, 04:37)cpmiller22 Wrote: Interesting. I recently moved away from windows to openelec on my zotac id40 and the performance is much better. What kind of issues were you having with openelec?

I had slow file transfer right now on windows it transfer at 100 MB/s while openelec was like 60 MB/s.But i got it setup now in windows pretty easy never really see windows at all since i put xbmc to sleep then when it awakes it's right on xbmc.Plus i be using this to watch E3 and emulators so i guess it's best to have windows for me.
I priced this out on newegg and it came out to about 310 with your mobo and cpu and gpu.

When I use an intel 1155 mobo and intel sandybridge i3, its only 296 with:
APEX MI-008 50$
2x2GB GSKILL DDR3 RAM 31$
Cooling Fan 10$

Isn't an i3 integrated graphics system better than the a6 with the video card you chose? Please explain to me I am still learning.
(2013-02-06, 09:27)airy52 Wrote: I priced this out on newegg and it came out to about 310 with your mobo and cpu and gpu.

When I use an intel 1155 mobo and intel sandybridge i3, its only 296 with:
APEX MI-008 50$
2x2GB GSKILL DDR3 RAM 31$
Cooling Fan 10$

Isn't an i3 integrated graphics system better than the a6 with the video card you chose? Please explain to me I am still learning.

Going by this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-gra...481-7.html the 430 stronger then 4000.But gpu means nothing in htpc unless your somewhat gaming with them.I just went with 430 cause i hate onboard gpu never use them.This all depends what you doing i'm loving the A6 for price and performance it runs everything i throw at it aeon without breaking a sweat it's a real heavy skin and it's not slugish at all and well only paying 159 for this was nice i didn't wanna spend alot and go overkill.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
my new build0