• 3(current)
Ordered MK802
(2012-06-18, 18:34)jompan87 Wrote: For all of you who are still waiting for the MK802 here's a short demonstration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bxohWS0vpg

I know, my english sucks Tongue

PS: Cant wait till/when I get xbmc running on this *pokes gimli* Big Grin

PS2: @j1nx, the ethernet lan adapter works out of the box with android using the hub in my video( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ethernet-Externa...19d21b2083 )

Good video review! thanx Big Grin
Sonofabitch, I'm sold, hope my wife doesn't see our bank statement this month, or start to wonder why we're broke, again.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Video 
(2012-06-19, 01:30)Mick1152 Wrote: Sonofabitch, I'm sold, hope my wife doesn't see our bank statement this month, or start to wonder why we're broke, again.

Man I feel you, story of my life. How did it get to this, everybody gets theres but when it comes to the guy bringin everything home and we want to spend it on our toys it just sends them into a frinzy. They cant stand to see us happy. I knew i should of joind that womans hater club with Alfalfa and spanky.

My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Does it play DTS audio? as almost all my HD mkv files have DTS audio.
(2012-06-19, 10:44)kim1406 Wrote: Does it play DTS audio? as almost all my HD mkv files have DTS audio.

It depends on your reciver as with XBMC (and MK802) it will just passthrough the audio to it Wink
(2012-06-19, 11:00)jompan87 Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 10:44)kim1406 Wrote: Does it play DTS audio? as almost all my HD mkv files have DTS audio.

It depends on your reciver as with XBMC (and MK802) it will just passthrough the audio to it Wink

I'm referring to its existing/original software, the Android 4.0, does it play DTS or no if it is connected directly to a TV through HDMI cable?

What I know is that, xbmc is not yet working on MK802.
jompan, could you please try playing some interlaced video on it? I thinking of buying it, but my dvb cards often produce 1080i and I'm curius if it can deinterlace video. Here are same 1080i samples: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php Thanks! Smile

And FYI this is how they make them.. lol
Wow, this video is quite eye-opening! Usually, when you see videos of Chinese electronic manufacturing, they show large, modern facilities with the workers wearing clean-suits and products rolling off a roboticized assembly line. Here, you see some dingy back rooms; the guy doing the spray painting doesn't even wear a ventilator; the silk-screening is done by hand; guys sitting around a table pushing a tray of parts back-and-forth as they assemble the units; most workers wearing street clothes. The contrast between the product itself (leading-edge PC on a USB stick) and the way it's manufactured ("garage" operation at best) is stark.
Hello All,

I'm sorry I haven't written as I said I would. I've been working on other projects but have some answers now.
The HDMI ESD issue is true. There isn't a Rclamp to assist in ESD so it is possible for an HDMI port to pop.
Secondly there is a statement regarding the a10 Power Chip, well, there isn't one.
Because of these issues that have been brought to our attention we have decided to spearhead a project of our own. We can't get the HDMI and AXP209 added to the MK802 because there isn't room. The factory technically could add Rclamps for ESD but we aren't sure if they'll make the change. We also wanted to develop a system that has the capability of having changes made. Since the MK802 is technically an "open project" in China there isn't one place the changes can be made or one contact (that we know of) that can make these changes. So for us, this wasn't good business.
We have created (still modifying) a product coincidentally named "Oval Elephant" that has addressed the issues with the MK802 and allows changes. You can pre-order and checkout screenshots at http://www.ovalelephant.com/p-2062-mini-...b-ddr3-ram
And while the photos show a male HDMI port we have changed this to a female HDMI. Our first batch will have the male. The Oval Elephant is being ported for XBMC and hopefully will be the first device supporting Linaro (we are working to make this happen). Has 1GB DDR3RAM and is only powered by miniUSB. Will come with a 4 port external USB hub. We thought about including bluetooth onboard but to keep the small form factor have decided to have it use a bluetooth dongle, which will also be included in future realeases.
So while we will continue to sell the MK802 we are breaking ground with Oval Elephant.
So is this OvalElephant unit like a customized MK802?
Looks more like

http://artway.en.alibaba.com/product/542..._DLNA.html

Which is also Mali400 based.
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
@ned
It is not a customized MK802. While it does have the exact chipset (AllWinner A10 w/ Mali 400) it's about a half inch wider. It also has 1Gb DDR3 RAM. So the components are similar. We picked the A10 for its speed and capabilities as it can boot from microSD natively and doesn't require any type of hacking. And whatever progress is made from an OS standpoint with the MK, it will work on the OE as well.
The advantage we have with the Oval Elephant is that we work directly with the factory and can make adjustments whereas the MK802 cannot. In a future release we will bundle with a pico projector so that it'll be the smallest portable full media player. The pico won't be on the device but will snap on the case. Mainly because we want to keep the unit small.

Hope this helps.
Looks cool from the specs!
Rainbow 
hi j1nx, thanks for linking to this page. (i've edited my post quite heavily after reading the whole thread and not just the post linked Big Grin)

agree about the nice specs, particularly the safer parts, and i also think that the matte rubber looking finish is great (like the Smallart Uhost at Tom Cubie's store)

Oval Elephant, with your custom board you are thinking about all the small things (bluetooth, usb hub, matching picop [see my related post], ...) that an end user like myself would care about and would really like to have. right now i'll get a mele cos a media player is needed and come back to yours after a couple of months when it's matured. with the form factor, i think yours will be the one to get adventurous (imaginative) with

the shipping estimate gave me $48 (to GB). is this accurate / can you possibly look at making it something more realistic?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ordered MK8023