• 4(current)
WIP RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser
Great utility! Everything seemed to work fine up till the front end config (XBMC > Advanced Launcher). It completed but nothing shows up in XBMC?
Sorry if i accidently post this twice.

The help files say that rom-jacket defaults to pcxfin for PS1 emulation. Does rom jacket work with epsxe? Any chance epsxe will become the default program?
I hope i've resolved some of the issues you've been encountering. I believe that I've fixed the advanced-launcher issue.I'm still hard at work on this project, so use the update option.

EPSXE is indeed compatible with RoM-Jacket. You can download and install the latest version from within rom-jacket.

When configuring the playstation library, you will want to "Choose" --> "CustomEmulator" and probably want to enter these options/switches:

Code:
-nogui -loadbin

I am aware that epsxe is the most popular psx emulator and will consider making it the default, however I've received a nod from many enthusiasts who prefer psxfin. Convince me to switch over to epsxe.
I don't know if I can convince you or not. I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to this stuff. It does seem that epsxe has higher compatibility than psxfin. Which actually leads me to another question... it seems like there are several plugins that are supposed to work in tandem with epsxe. I'm actually downloading epsxe through ROM jacket right now and I was wondering if it will DL these plugins as well? Depending on the ROM I'm running these plugins have to be set on different settings in order for some games to run properly (this also seems to be the case with ssf and pcsx2). Can I tweak these plugin settings through ROM jacket? I've read the tutorial and it does mention global vs individual game settings but I don't know if this includes plugins too.

Haha. I guess I should have waited a bit. It does appear to be downloading at least some of the plugins (if not all the important ones) the second half of my question still remains though. This is a really cool program by the way and it seems like you update it regularly which is awesome.
Yes. It does create a working version of epsxe.
With custom emulators, the location for any configuration files in the root of the emulator's folder or have a corresponding folder structure in each game's folder will work with the "per-game" settings effectively.
ie: If the emulator's configuration files exist in the emulator's "config" folder, you will need to have a "config" folder in each rom's jacket.
Rom-Jacket's "configuration file" option would then look like this:
config\*.xxx
where xxx=the extension of the config file.

Perhaps a full cli-injection option should be offered to the user?
Support for custom emulators is very limited at the moment.
-------------------
Thanks for the kind words.
Looks like all the plugins for epsxe didn't DL last night. No biggie. I remembered reading somewhere that the sources go down from time to time. I'll just go grab them and stick them in the plugins folder myself. I can do that right? Which ones should I get? It looks like the graphics plugin dl'd just fine. It hung up on the sound plugin so I'm not sure if it completely downloaded or not (spupeopsdsound size 76 kb). That's all I see so far. Sorry for all the noob questions.
Looks like all the plugins for epsxe didn't DL last night. No biggie. I remembered reading somewhere that the sources go down from time to time. I'll just go grab them and stick them in the plugins folder myself. I can do that right? Which ones should I get? It looks like the graphics plugin dl'd just fine. It hung up on the sound plugin so I'm not sure if it completely downloaded or not (spupeopsdsound size 76 kb). That's all I see so far. Sorry for all the noob questions.
Yeah, using the "custom emulator" option you should be able to use any executable as an emulator. You are really on your own for the configuration of these, but I'm working on a cli-injections option that should alleviate any difficulties.
Sorry that my repos are causing problems. Make sure that you're using the latest version of rj as my sources change frequently and the "spupeopsdsound.7z" has changed to "soundplugin.7z"
First off this looks to be the perfect manager for all my gaming needs and thank you for taking the time to create such a helpful piece of software. Big Grin

I have download the rom jacket file last night and started to try and install it today. So everything should be up to date at the moment.
I am trying to use this through the frontend of XBMC with advanced launcher and rom collection browser.

I first read over your documentation at http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/413403/index.html to get an understanding of what everything does.

I setup Rom Jacket and have started to go through the configurations but have gotten a little lost as what is needed.

I have installed all the emulators from the recommended list.
Do i need to find and install any of these console bios for these emulators?

during configuration of the frontend when i click on XBMC nothing seems to happen and closes the application.
Is this because I already have xbmc , advanced launcher and rom collection browser already installed ?

To get romjacket to work with xbmc do i need to configure it through rom jacket or just through advanced launcher and rom collection?
(2013-11-13, 20:14)cchamp84 Wrote: First off this looks to be the perfect manager for all my gaming needs and thank you for taking the time to create such a helpful piece of software. Big Grin

I have download the rom jacket file last night and started to try and install it today. So everything should be up to date at the moment.
I am trying to use this through the frontend of XBMC with advanced launcher and rom collection browser.

I first read over your documentation at http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/413403/index.html to get an understanding of what everything does.

I setup Rom Jacket and have started to go through the configurations but have gotten a little lost as what is needed.

I have installed all the emulators from the recommended list.
Do i need to find and install any of these console bios for these emulators?

during configuration of the frontend when i click on XBMC nothing seems to happen and closes the application.
Is this because I already have xbmc , advanced launcher and rom collection browser already installed ?

To get romjacket to work with xbmc do i need to configure it through rom jacket or just through advanced launcher and rom collection?

Hi there.
Please use the update button when starting romjacket becuase there was a bug I hope is now fixed. My apologies.

You need bios files for many emulators. Drag them onto the bios icon on the desktop to install them. Do this before configuring.

If you are going to setup a frontend with RJ, you should download the metadata packages first. (banners/logos icons and backdrops)

Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser are installed and configured by RoM-Jacket to use the library you create with RoM-Jacket.
You may also, of course, configure these plugins manually inside the XBMC application to add games and systems: RoM-Jacket uses the BatchScriptLauncher.exe (in your emulators folder) to execute the ".bat" files in your library.
Bump for update.
New version has too many fixes to mention:
Much faster, more dynamic and less buggy.
Bumping for Steam Support
bumping for retroarch support
added sharpx1
added sega pico
I have been using this with the most recent version and am noticing that when using Retroarc to load genesis games there is never a call to any specific config file on startup. I am looking for each emulator to use it's own config with retroarc.

Am I doing something wrong here?
(2014-04-27, 17:01)Hexxxer Wrote: I have been using this with the most recent version and am noticing that when using Retroarc to load genesis games there is never a call to any specific config file on startup. I am looking for each emulator to use it's own config with retroarc.

Am I doing something wrong here?
RoM-Jacket uses a configuration for each game.
Look carefully in a game folder and you'll see that that it has 2 config files: retroarch.cfg and .retroarch-core-options.cfg
The launcher injects these files into the emu directory at startup:
Code:
for %%A in ("C:\Emulators\retroArch") do SET EMUL=%%~A
copy /Y "*retro*.cfg" "%EMUL%"
If you find that you need to change the settings globally, you can use the file-propagation tool from the utility section.
I'm sure you've already figured this out by now, but
hope that helps.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser2