• 22(current)
Beta xmltv Meld - creates a single xmltv file from rytec, zap etc
Is anybody else having trouble with Rytec not populating for the last month or so, or is it just me (xmltv.meld v0.0.64)?

I see the same problem on Coreelec and windows, both on Kodi 18.5. Previously saved channel lists update normally, but it is impossible to add to or edit anything on the channel list. Yo and Zap lists are just useless for me.

Thanks...
(2019-12-27, 11:28)Asxetos Wrote: Is anybody else having trouble with Rytec not populating for the last month or so, or is it just me (xmltv.meld v0.0.64)?

I see the same problem on Coreelec and windows, both on Kodi 18.5. Previously saved channel lists update normally, but it is impossible to add to or edit anything on the channel list. Yo and Zap lists are just useless for me.

Thanks...

Rytec has had some issues for a while I believe.   Also having problem with Zap2it as well, but it looks like the site is down.  Not sure you'll get much assistance with this addon.  Primaeval (addon creator) hasn't been on since last June.
I don't know why, but I just installed XMLTV Meld on a new Android 9.0.0 TV box and Rytec works great! It won't work on Windows 10 except in Kodi ver. 18.2 and it doesn't work on my Android 7 box.
It doesn't look like Primaeval is coming back and this addon is no longer being maintained. Is there any chance that one of you brilliant developers could pick up the ball and fork it?
(2021-02-25, 00:47)TopekaRoy Wrote: It doesn't look like Primaeval is coming back and this addon is no longer being maintained. Is there any chance that one of you brilliant developers could pick up the ball and fork it?

Here it is, Matrix compatible Smile

https://github.com/marynius/plugin.program.xmltv.meld
(2021-03-02, 00:19)marynius Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 00:47)TopekaRoy Wrote: It doesn't look like Primaeval is coming back and this addon is no longer being maintained. Is there any chance that one of you brilliant developers could pick up the ball and fork it?

Thank you so much for this update Marynius. Unfortunately, I was using XmltvMeld to populate the channels in the TV Guide - Fullscreen addon. (another Primaeval great). This doesn't work in Kodi 18.9 and TV Guide doesn't work in Kodi 19.1 so I'm still stuck ... unless you have an update for that, too? Smile
(2021-03-02, 00:19)marynius Wrote:

@marynius

I am (was) using xmltv.meld for years on Leia and it worked great.
Your update kind of works on Matrix but with 2 problems that make it pretty unusable.

The default location for the resulting xml is not defined correctly so it will not create any xml.
The scheduling (service) part does nothing. It will not run on load or at the scheduled time, so the only way to update the epg is to open the addon and press "Update" manually.

I managed to patch the first so it creates the xml correctly, but i have no idea how to fix the scheduling (service) part.

PS
Anyone has an idea how to call the update function for this addon from an external scheduler?
(something like "xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://*****") but no idea for the exact command.

Thanks
Hello everybody,

sorry for not benig around here.
check the latest commit https://github.com/marynius/plugin.program.xmltv.meld
 * some fixex
 * drop use of busybox due to Android 11 limitations (use of lzma and gzip instead)

Happy to help
hello

the setting for xmltv file location is added in my latest commit
@marynius , thanks for reviving this addon after the setup am having problem as the xmltv.xml  is not written in the choosing local on my desktop.  I tried to choose dropbox and same result.
(2022-01-22, 17:42)samueljones Wrote: @marynius , thanks for reviving this addon after the setup am having problem as the xmltv.xml  is not written in the choosing local on my desktop.  I tried to choose dropbox and same result.

you're welcome Smile
the addon is tested only on android version of kodi (i'm using it on my nvidia shield)
maybe you can send your log file, i'll try to look into it.
(2022-01-22, 23:03)marynius Wrote:
(2022-01-22, 17:42)samueljones Wrote: @marynius , thanks for reviving this addon after the setup am having problem as the xmltv.xml  is not written in the choosing local on my desktop.  I tried to choose dropbox and same result.

you're welcome Smile
the addon is tested only on android version of kodi (i'm using it on my nvidia shield)
maybe you can send your log file, i'll try to look into it.
Nevermind, fixed it Smile
https://github.com/marynius/plugin.progr...ses/latest
@marynius , thanks so much for your quick reply , I can confirm that this is now working well on my Macbook.

Many thanks
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xmltv Meld - creates a single xmltv file from rytec, zap etc1