Q: handling bluray m2ts content?
I've purchased a movie on bluray and the main feature is split up into several m2ts files. Some are very short while others are longer. There are 23 in all. It was a pain figuring out which series of m2ts's was actually the movie but I've got that sorted and have them named correctly (movie title.cd1.m2ts, movie title.cd2.m2ts, etc...)

Anyway, the library recognizes this as one film so all is good there. The issue is that there is a slight delay whenever XBMC switches from one m2ts file to the next. Is there anything I can do to fix this or am I going to have to use another program to put it all into one container?

I'm on win7x64
nvidia gt430
patched XBMC Eden (hd audio version)

Any thoughts?
If I need to re-encode this with a different program, what would you suggest? (guessing make MKV). I like the m2ts files because they are untouched. I want to keep the best quality possible for this film.

Thanks

*additional thought*
Formatting the movie in such a way really ticks me off. Its like the movie industry wants me to pirate because its just so damn difficult to rip movies. </rant>
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Makemkv will just put the video into a different container, you won't lose quality.
No re-encoding involved.
If you use MakeMkv, you're not actually reencoding the files, you're only putting them inside the mkv container. There's zero loss in quality. Plus, it puts all of those m2ts streams together for you, based on the mpls files.

EDIT: Yeah, like gabbott said! Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Well, crap. My makeMKV is too old its not the full version and will not let me use the program without paying 50 bucks. Funny thing is that the makeMKV site says its free while in beta and if it expires then you can download a new version and continue using it. I guess that is not the case. Anyway, I've got dvdFab so I'll give that a go.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
It is still free. Just google for MakeMkv registration code, and it will come up. The code's given by the developer and he keeps posting a new one every few months. Just enter it when it asks you to register.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-06-17, 02:19)htpc guy Wrote: I've got dvdFab so I'll give that a go.
DVDFab is probably the friendliest blu-ray ripper on the market. You can easily convert seamless branching bluray to MKV, bluray folder or ISO using DVDFab.

If you want free solution, you can use BDInfo to idenfity what .mpls playlist you should load in tsMuxer and then you can mux it into a single m2ts file.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-06-17, 04:56)thrak76 Wrote: It is still free. Just google for MakeMkv registration code, and it will come up. The code's given by the developer and he keeps posting a new one every few months. Just enter it when it asks you to register.

Found the registration code for MakeMKV Beta. I had no idea that the author put the codes out there. I wish he had something listed on the main site. Anyway, thanks. I'm ripping the entire film w/ hd audio tracks into one mkv now.
How to use Git
EDIT: Didn't see @Bluray's post above - oh well, double info... ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------

ALSO: use BDInfo.exe next time you run into the multiple *.m2ts scenario. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BDInfo

It scans the BR directory and lists the various *.MPLS files in the PLAYLIST directory....then you should be able to point TSMUXER to that given *.mpls file and it'll load all the correct *.m2ts files for you.

If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Given that image and audio quality will be the same regardless of container, i'd go for mkv unless you want bluray menu support. the mkv container is more space efficient and has a few other benefits.
I was able to get this ripped w/ the hd audio intact. The suggestion to google for the beta unlock code for MakeMKV was a great suggestion. I had no idea on that. It was extremely easy. MakeMKV was able to identify the correct m2ts so all I had to do was uncheck the dts audio and keep the dts-ma stream. Final result was right at 20GB which is what I expected. Thanks again.
How to use Git
I just put this

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13759

into the bug trac. It includes the reasons why (in my case) audio drops with hopefully enough and correct information for a fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Q: handling bluray m2ts content?0