• 1(current)
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release
With many help from FernetMenta, Lcapriotti and wsnipex, I created a first pre-11 xbmcbuntu version. The new xbmcbuntu is based on Ubuntu 12.04 and contains packages from this repository, which are based on FernetMenta's branch. FernetMenta's branch offers better vdpau and xvba support, but currently lack vaapi. xvba should offer better and faster AMD fusion support compared to vaapi. When comparing between XBMC Eden, the following milestones are added to this release:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?mile...ate=closed

Please be aware that this version contain many bugs and is for testing purposes only!

Latest November version:

Download: http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcbuntu-12....a01-v1.iso
Thanks erhnam,

Works Good. Running off the cd at the moment.

John
I love this, The additions of xvba and AE are amazing. <3

But I wonder if any one else has this issue: Latest movies is not correct its stuck on some movies I added at the start, when I add new movies to the library they do not go to the front of the latest movies. is anyone else having this issue? Know issue? or is there a way to update the timestamp on all movies when added (maybe some of those movies got a date in the future?)

but other than that thanks so much for putting this together! Big Grin
Nice!! I'll give it a try this weekend.

working suprisingly nice - only issue with screen calibration ( have to be redone each tie after restart )
got a "Error loading libnfs" when trying to use internal nfs support,
sudo apt-get install libnfs1 fixed it.

Back to dragging out my nd22 to debug my hdmi issue Smile

EDIT:

got my nd22 hdmi working....I've to unmute "S/PDIF 1" to get hdmi sound output on the nd22....does it make sense?

tihs build looking good so far!
(2012-06-19, 01:56)loopez Wrote: working suprisingly nice - only issue with screen calibration ( have to be redone each tie after restart )

if you mean underscan(black boarders) on ATI:
Code:
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0
sudo service lightdm start

this completely disables underscan
(2012-06-19, 04:43)waver123 Wrote: got a "Error loading libnfs" when trying to use internal nfs support,
sudo apt-get install libnfs1 fixed it.

Thanks I'll fix that for a next release!

(2012-06-19, 09:46)wsnipex Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 01:56)loopez Wrote: working suprisingly nice - only issue with screen calibration ( have to be redone each tie after restart )

if you mean underscan(black boarders) on ATI:
Code:
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0
sudo service lightdm start

this completely disables underscan

Thanks. Let me know if this fixes your problem. If so, I can add this to the livecd as well.
(2012-06-19, 01:34)DanLongman Wrote: I love this, The additions of xvba and AE are amazing. <3

I was under the impression, AMDs linux drivers did not support bitstreaming and it was only possible via NVIDIA on linux?
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2012-06-19, 10:56)charlie0440 Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 01:34)DanLongman Wrote: I love this, The additions of xvba and AE are amazing. <3

I was under the impression, AMDs linux drivers did not support bitstreaming and it was only possible via NVIDIA on linux?

As far as I know you are correct, AMD drivers only support 2 channel audio I believe. Intel, not sure what the deal is there, if its a driver or xbmc support thing.

The most common functional nvidia chips to bitstream audio I know of are GT430, ION2 and GT520 (reports are that 430 is better with interlaced quality)..

]BTW: Thanks for the hard work erhnam, many people with video launch freezes and linux AE testers will thank you!

I have AMD HD 3200 gfx in my laptop. and the audio was bitstreaming for me no issues.
you mean dts but surely not dts hd or master audio

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
That is true, I was able to bitstream DTS-ES but I do not have any DTS-HD or DD MA files to test.
Since getting home, installed this build to try it out. As someone else said it is working well. AE is playing great thanks to my GT430 and at 23.98fps. PVR is also stable.

I do have massive fonts when i log into the desktop, It wont let me use a 1080p resolution only 720p and the window font size is massive! Might have something to do with my TV being 1080i.

What is annoying but a very minor grip was that when using a terminal in the desktop you cannot paste. Or at least Ctrl + V and Ctrl+ Shift + V didn't work.

Impressed so far.

XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release1