• 7(current)
TheAudioDB.com - The Open Audio Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
(2017-02-01, 12:25)woodside Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 15:10)docwra Wrote: Site has to go down for a week or so until next month begins, this was due to the unprecedented demand from the skin helper Kodi plugin.

This problem has hopefully been fixed for the future and we will work on some new features in the mean time.

Seems that the theaudiodb.com website is back up but still unable to retrieve anything using API calls. Thanks.

Just winding it up now, the API should be ready to serve very soon.
(2017-02-01, 13:28)docwra Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 12:25)woodside Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 15:10)docwra Wrote: Site has to go down for a week or so until next month begins, this was due to the unprecedented demand from the skin helper Kodi plugin.

This problem has hopefully been fixed for the future and we will work on some new features in the mean time.

Seems that the theaudiodb.com website is back up but still unable to retrieve anything using API calls. Thanks.

Just winding it up now, the API should be ready to serve very soon.

Thanks...and thanks for all your hard work. I was having audiodb withdrawals for the last week. Big Grin
A bonus new feature is proper display of track star ratings on the album page:

Hopefully nice and easy to see tracks how good tracks are now.

Please continue to add song ratings to the site to make this feature better.
Just a heads up...Wink

www.theaudiodb.com == "The service is unavailable."
Thanks, fixed it. I really need to upgrade Mysql as it keeps crashing on long queries. The 5.7 version has a timeout feature that would really be useful so I will upgrade at some point.

A couple of new features for you all.

- User Album Playlists Example: http://www.theaudiodb.com/list/15464
- User Track Playlists Example: http://www.theaudiodb.com/list/15461
- Track File hashing Example: http://www.theaudiodb.com/track/34705640

The playlist feature could be cool for a Kodi add-on using youtube to play the tracks similar to how the youtube music Add-on does it already for RSS charts.

And the track file hashing feature is a definite work in progress but I am working with the developer of Zoomplayer to get something accurate. Ideally this would mean one day looking up metadata using just the hash and ignore user id3 tags alltogether Wink But we shall see.

API methods are coming for both new features soon.
OK we have a new song hashing feature! But we need help to fill the hashes... Please download this small windows app and run on the root of your music MP3 or FLAC collection:

http://zoomplayer.com/t/AudioHash.zip

It should only take a few minutes to hash, even on huge collections.

And then can you upload the resulting XML file to this page please?

http://www.theaudiodb.com/submit_hash.php

If you don't have a TADB username you can just PM me the XML file.

Thanks in advance!
Bit of a milestone today, we just hit 2 million tracks added. Considering this has been done organically without any batch imports its quite an achievement!

Well done to all involved Smile

On the data side of things, I've personally added about 2,500 track covers and descriptions for popular songs. I used the last.fm charting data combined with our API data to find the most popular tracks.

This should especially help the music video scraper.
(2017-03-02, 17:35)docwra Wrote: Bit of a milestone today, we just hit 2 million tracks added. Considering this has been done organically without any batch imports its quite an achievement!

Well done to all involved Smile

On the data side of things, I've personally added about 2,500 track covers and descriptions for popular songs. I used the last.fm charting data combined with our API data to find the most popular tracks.

This should especially help the music video scraper.

Congrats with the milestone! Rofl
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Edit: duplicate post
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2017-03-02, 17:35)docwra Wrote: Bit of a milestone today, we just hit 2 million tracks added. Considering this has been done organically without any batch imports its quite an achievement!
Congratulations!

However, would it not be a good idea to maybe also keep doing dynamic or batch importing from sources with Creative Commons licensed metadata?

I understand that you might not want to overwrite anything automatically, but would it not be a good idea to fill fields that are not already filled?

There are many different sources like that providing metadata under Creative Commons license, especially for music, and just MetaBrainz Foundation for example have loads of similar projects that gather meta data around music and artists under Creative Commons: "MetaBrainz operates MusicBrainz, Cover Art Archive, AcousticBrainz, ListenBrainz, CritiqueBrainz, BookBrainz and the esoteric MessyBrainz project. All of our projects are open source, open data and are community curated. MetaBrainz is a California based 501.c.3 non-profit with many supporters from the music and technology world. Our main office is in Barcelona, Spain. Our flagship project is MusicBrainz -- the data from MusicBrainz is used by AcoustID, Google, Amazon, BBC, Last.FM, Universal Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TicketMaster, MusixMatch, Leaf.fm, and a number of other companies from all over the world. These company provide financial support that allows us to continue hacking on our open source projects."

Could TheAudioDB.com not aggregate and consolidate data from several different sources as well as have its own cumminity data on top of all that?

That would be similar to a non-commercial version of OneMusicAPI ( OneMusicAPI.com ) http://www.onemusicapi.com
Just a heads up. Been down for most of the day. Undecided

www.theaudiodb.com == "The service is unavailable."
Yeh my fault this one, forgot to restart webserver after some changes yesterday Smile All back and no issues just me being stupid!

Server has been rock solid last few months hopefully.
I'm adding cd back covers to theaudiodb.com but I'm having issues with the strange size required for them... they're supposed to be 700x700 or 700x910, but none of them fit the size of the actual images if you want to keep proportions. When I take an image of an actual back cover, strip the spines (because there's another place to upload them) and keep proportions I end up with an image of more or less 700x830, what is logical because the actual back covers are wider than the front ones, and therefore it's impossible to adapt them to either of the required sizes without cropping. In fact if you have a look to many of the ones already uploaded you can easily notice they have been cropped/altered proportions so as to fit...

Could you please admit also that size (700x830)? Thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I think there is no auto checking so that size should be fine, the message is just recommended.

I will add the above to the upload text as well.
Ok, I thought it was compulsory... Just tried and everything is fine with other sizes. Thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDB.com - The Open Audio Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)2