E-350 to A6-3600 worth it?
Performed the upgrade tonight... OMG what a difference! XBMC is smooth as butter with no visible loading of thumbs, the whole interface is very snappy. Ended up costing me $45 for the entire upgrade, windows booted without issues so didn't have to format and even windows activated without any issues with my OEM.

Have a couple of issues with my Ceton and Playready but once that is resolved I'm back to normal after just a few hours. Will gradually build a small box out of the old E-350 for the basement TV.
(2012-06-26, 03:59)Malosar Wrote: Performed the upgrade tonight... OMG what a difference! XBMC is smooth as butter with no visible loading of thumbs, the whole interface is very snappy. Ended up costing me $45 for the entire upgrade, windows booted without issues so didn't have to format and even windows activated without any issues with my OEM.

Have a couple of issues with my Ceton and Playready but once that is resolved I'm back to normal after just a few hours. Will gradually build a small box out of the old E-350 for the basement TV.

Cool Blush Enjoy...
Really not having fun with this so far. Basically HDCP and Playready is completely broken. WMC immediately gets "Driver display error" when trying to view any channels and minimize/maximize fixes it. Done a lot of research into the problem last couple of days and tried everything I've found to no avail. Tried 11.8, 12.3 and 12.6 beta. Never had this problem with my E-350.

Playready is broken as well, won't let me view any premium channels. Tried everything I've found for resetting the DRM, even completely uninstall of WMC, Playready and Ceton and purging leftover programdata and still won't work.

Looks like I might have to do that damn reformat after all...

But since this is the XBMC forums.... XBMC works fantastic.
(2012-06-27, 15:31)Malosar Wrote: Looks like I might have to do that damn reformat after all...
When replacing a new set of mobo and CPU it is better to re-install Windows to avoid having incompatible driver issue......good luck!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Reformat and reinstall of everything from scratch and everything is running perfectly so far. I used the driver disk that came with the ASRock motherboard (which I practically never do!) so I believe I'm running 11.4 cats. Very hesitant about going to something like 12.3 or 12.6 beta.
As the old saying goes, "if Catalyst ain't broken don't upgrade it."
ok 12.3 is having some issues for games.... 12.4 when you install will fix some but it will say still you have 12.3 but you really do have 12.4....

I am on 12.4 for my htpc and 11.10 on my desktop....

I am waiting for the final 12.6 come out so I can test it on my HTPC....

oh 11.10 has never given me any problems.....
Here is AMD Catalyst release note----AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite Version 12.4 Release Notes

The latest AMD driver work fine in my HTPC's.....
(2012-06-29, 00:05)bluray Wrote: Here is AMD Catalyst release note----AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite Version 12.4 Release Notes

The latest AMD driver work fine in my HTPC's.....

Yes the 12.4 works fine... Nod
12.6 final was released today FYI.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
(2012-06-29, 18:33)Malosar Wrote: 12.6 final was released today FYI.

Thanx for the info!.... Wink
I still see 12.6 Beta on there website...
(2012-06-30, 01:48)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-06-29, 18:33)Malosar Wrote: 12.6 final was released today FYI.

Thanx for the info!.... Wink
I still see 12.6 Beta on there website...
The latest beta is 12.7.....

AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver
for Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit

Cool... I guess they have not updated there other site....

so 12.6 looks like a winner.....

they fixed

AMD A4, AMD A6, AMD A8 and AMD A10 APU Products - crashes after repeated toggling between VGA and HDMI monitors.

I did have that, happened once.... while messing around....

now I see it on there website I was talking about Smile

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
E-350 to A6-3600 worth it?0