Win File structure for season fanart, thumbs, artist fanart etc.
I'm sorry if this has been posted before. If it has could someone please post a link?

I am trying to manually add season fanart, extra fanart, season thumbs (landscape) etc.

My current structure is as follows -

TV Shows
- Show
- - Show - E01S01 - Name.mkv
- - Show - E01S01 - Name.nfo
- - clearart.jpg
- - fanart.jpg
- - poster.jpg
- - logo.jpg
- - banner.jpg
- - landscape.jpg
- - Season01.tbn (for season poster)

I do not have my seasons in seperate folders. Wondering if I have to have them in seperate folders and have inside that folder "fanart.jpg" to use skins that utilize season fanart. Or is there a specific way to name it ie. Season01-fanart.jpg? I have tried this way and have gotten nothing. Same thing with season landscape images. I have tried different variations of Season01-landscape.jpg, Season01-thumb.jpg., creating a season folder and adding landscape.jpg to the folder. The ArtworkDownloader plugin won't work for me as all files are located on a server with read only access and will not save the images. AFAIK it will also not download season thumbs.

For extra fanart I know that you need to create a folder inside the Show folder named extrafanart, but is there a certain way to name each image or does that not really matter as long as there are images there?

Last and final question. Sorry for the long post. But what is the folder structure to setup Artist fanart, cd art, album cover? And how do the files need to be named to show up correctly.

Music
- Artist
- fanart.jpg
- - Album
- - Track 1.flac
- - cover.jpg
- - cdart.jpg

does this look correct?

Is there an external scraper program (similar to Ember Media Manager?) for music that will name files for use with XBMC including downloading artist.nfo files?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Andrew
ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 -- AMD A10-6800K -- 8gig DDR3 1600 -- Nvidia GTX 650 -- Samsung SSD 120gig -- GRANDIA GD05B Case -- Onkyo RC-HT260 -- Paradigm Atom Monitor S7 x4, Center 1, Surrounds 1 -- Panasonic 60ST60
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu...Thumbnails should be a good read... http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Category:How-to looks pretty good too.. Some skins don't use banner.jpg and you'll need to use folder.jpg in place of...

I suggest you stick with XBMC for scraping until you're more familiar with the program.
Season fanart is not supported by XBMC. Some skins might attempt it, but they're a hack at best.

Further, both cover.jpg and cdart.jpg are non-standard as far as XBMC is concerned - using folder.jpg is normally the better way to go.

The same applies to banner.jpg and poster.jpg - neither are read currently by XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

FWIW after much playing around I have figured out the answer to my problem. For season thumbs the file needs to be labeled season1-landscape.jpg and for season fanart it is season1-fanart.jpg.

The Music structure in my original post is correct and everything works fine.
ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 -- AMD A10-6800K -- 8gig DDR3 1600 -- Nvidia GTX 650 -- Samsung SSD 120gig -- GRANDIA GD05B Case -- Onkyo RC-HT260 -- Paradigm Atom Monitor S7 x4, Center 1, Surrounds 1 -- Panasonic 60ST60

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File structure for season fanart, thumbs, artist fanart etc.0