Can't add tvshows to library when using local mysql
This one's driving me nuts. I've setup a local mysql database on Windows, I've created the userid, given it permissions, put it through the firewall, etc. etc. the database seems fine. I changed advancedsettings.xml to point to the database. When I load xbmc netstat shows connections to 3306 and the videos60 database and music60 databases get created. So it's connecting.

I add my movies directory, d:\vidoes\movies and it adds it fine. I then add my television shows directory, e:\videos\television but when I say to scan and add to the library it comes back almost immediately, meaning it doesn't scan or add.

I removed the advancedsettings.xml file so it'll use the local database and it adds the television shows to the library just fine, same with movies. I then did an export as a test. I then put advancedsettings.xml back into place, so it'll use local mysql, and I still can't scan/add television shows. I imported the library figuring I'll force it. Now there's television shows, I see the titles, but when I go into any tv show there's no episodes listed, it's completely blank. If I hit "c" for context on a tv show title and say update library, it comes back immediately.

Movies are no problem it's only tv shows I seem to be fighting with. I have another xbmc system in the bedroom and it can link to the mysql database on the master xbmc computer and it has the same exact symptoms, being able to see and add/update movies but not able to do anything with tvshows.

I've tried mysql 5.5 and 5.1. I've tried blowing out the database and forcing it to be recreated. I've tried starting from a clean library and I've tried importing an exported library that was fully in place. At this point it has nothing to do with the remote node/host, I can't get the main one to do anything.

LivingRoom:
XBMC on Windows 7 x64
Local MySQL 5.1 at the moment (I tried 5.5 initially)
D:\VIDEOS\MOVIES for movies
E:\VIDOES\TELEVISION for television
Sharing out D:\ and E:\

Bedroom:
XBMC on Windows 7 x64
Can connect to mysql on the livingroom xbmc
D:\VIDEOS\MOVIES for movies
E:\VIDEOS\TELEVISIOn for television
Network mounts D:\ and E:\ to the same drives as the livingroom. So the paths are identical on both systems except for the livingroom's xbmc has it locally while the bedroom's uses network shares.

You need smb:// paths even if it's a local drive:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126221

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add tvshows to library when using local mysql0