• 30(current)
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv
So I went ahead and added my Oauth ID to my setup and VODs play. Even though they are free. As long as it works, that's all that matters.
The recent GitHub changes 4 days ago broke stream quality control for me.
Everything except mobile settings results in source quality, mobile results in 720p.

I am using libreelec 7.0.2 on RPi3.
You can simply change it back to how it was:

In resources/lib/twitch/constants.py
Code:
# from / new
QUALITY_LIST_STREAM = ['Source', '720p60', '720p30', '540p30', '480p30', '360p30', '240p30', '144p30', 'High', 'Medium', 'Low', 'Mobile']

# to / old
QUALITY_LIST_STREAM = ['Source', 'High', 'Medium', 'Low', 'Mobile']
Code:
2:55:50 T:1148   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: u'1080p60' is not in list
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\__run__.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                sys.exit(PLUGIN.run())
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                                items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\exception.py", line 11, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\routes.py", line 291, in playLive
                                                stream['path'] = TWITCHTV.getLiveStream(name, videoQuality)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch\api.py", line 197, in getLiveStream
                                                playlist = M3UPlaylist(data)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch\utils.py", line 115, in __init__
                                                qualityInt = self.qualityList.index(quality)
                                            ValueError: u'1080p60' is not in list
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:55:50 T:7032   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/dota2ti/-2/
12:57:23 T:2356  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playLive/dota2ti/-2/" matches rule for function "playLive"
12:57:24 T:2356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: u'1080p60' is not in list
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\__run__.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                sys.exit(PLUGIN.run())
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                                items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\exception.py", line 11, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\routes.py", line 291, in playLive
                                                stream['path'] = TWITCHTV.getLiveStream(name, videoQuality)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch\api.py", line 197, in getLiveStream
                                                playlist = M3UPlaylist(data)
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch\utils.py", line 115, in __init__
                                                qualityInt = self.qualityList.index(quality)
                                            ValueError: u'1080p60' is not in list
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:57:24 T:7032   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/dota2ti/-2/

Getting this now Sad

edit: Fixed by doing this to constants.py as per Traxer's previous post:

Code:
QUALITY_LIST_STREAM = ['Source', 'High', '1080p60', '720p60', '720p30', '540p30', '480p30', '360p30', '240p30', '144p30', 'Medium', 'Low', 'Mobile']
    QUALITY_LIST_VIDEO =  ['live',   '1080p60', '720p', '720p60', '720p30', '540p30', '480p30', '360p30', '240p30', '144p30', '480p', '360p', '226p']

Even livestreamer wasn't working with the "livestreamer twitch.tv/dota2ti best" you have to put 1080p60 for that too now, so something on their end changed.
add 1080p60 to QUALITY_LIST_STREAM in constants.py. It works for me.
Everything works like before those changes for me.
Is it normal that in quality settings I still can only select Source, High, Medium, Low and mobile?

Just wondering if this is a feature implemented but not activated yet or something like that? Or are those settings simply not available because of language files missing translations for those settings?
I'm having a bit of a problem with my MySQL database scrubbing taking 10 minutes vs. the normal 30 seconds or so because of the Twitch.tv addon. The addon adds and entry into the database with a watched flag and URL that keeps track of the streams I've visited but the problem is that when trying to clean the database it tries to resolve every entry that Twitch.tv has added. Normally that wouldn't be an issue but Verizon uses caching servers to host up a lot of the twitch.tv streams and they're dynamic in nature so when the database tries to resolve the URL a timeout occurs and having 1000+ entries is killing my clenaup times.

I'm sure someone else has ran across this issue and I'd like to either 1. Prevent the addon from making the entries in the first place and 2. Delete the ones that are there.

Does anyone have an experience with this issue or could point me to a guide that can help me purge such entries?

I can post a log entry when it happens if that'll help once I get home.

18:04:55 T:13056 ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://video10.dfw01.hls.ttvnw.net/hls12...hunked&sig=
18:10:11 T:13056 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/forsenlol/-2/

Database is littered with those.
Why does the past broadcasts not work or the normal Streams?
Get always an HTTP error.

Error Log
http://pastebin.com/WSeV0L7y
Love the Twitch add-on, I'm just wondering if there is anyway to not download background fan art at all? I'm using Libre and every single streamer shows background fan art which adds up to a lot when you browse throughout each game and there are dozens of people streaming it. Given that Kodi doesn't appear to have a way of deleting thumbnails I'd rather not have Twitch download the background fan art if possible because it just adds up and up. I know the YT add-on has an option in settings to disable the downloading of background fan art, I was just wondering if the Twitch add-on could do the same?
(2016-08-23, 15:02)KingsCross Wrote: Given that Kodi doesn't appear to have a way of deleting thumbnails
You can use the texturecache script in a cron job / scheduled task: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...recache.py

Code:
texturecache.py purge all static-cdn.jtvnw.net > clean-twitch-thumbs.log
(2016-08-28, 15:38)Crowly Wrote:
Code:
texturecache.py purge all static-cdn.jtvnw.net > clean-twitch-thumbs.log

I added these lines to cron:
Code:
0    5    * * *   /storage/texturecache.py purge all static-cdn.jtvnw.net >> /var/media/EXT4_500GB/.logs/clean-thumbs.log
0    6    * * *   /storage/texturecache.py purge all i.ytimg.com >> /var/media/EXT4_500GB/.logs/clean-thumbs.log

Now my question is how an I throw in a date into the log? I am really new to cron because honestly I never used it before. And is there a way to combine both entries into one maybe?
(2016-08-30, 17:54)Arokhaerr Wrote: And is there a way to combine both entries into one maybe?
Put it all into one script, called ex kodiCleanThumbs
Code:
#!/bin/sh

/storage/texturecache.py purge all static-cdn.jtvnw.net >> /var/media/EXT4_500GB/.logs/clean-thumbs.log
/storage/texturecache.py purge all i.ytimg.com >> /var/media/EXT4_500GB/.logs/clean-thumbs.log
then put that script into the cron job. I have Webmin install om my pc, and use that to administer the cron jobs, so not familiar with the cli way of doing it
(2016-08-15, 05:30)Jan_Dan Wrote: Why does the past broadcasts not work or the normal Streams?

Error Log

Me too would like to get past streams working
(2016-09-02, 12:41)dazzlerellis Wrote:
(2016-08-15, 05:30)Jan_Dan Wrote: Why does the past broadcasts not work or the normal Streams?

Error Log

Me too would like to get past streams working

i've been getting this error too for 2 weeks now. i can only watch live shows on twitch, not past broadcasts.

i have both kodi 16.1 and 17 krypton installed on 2 machines, with my username filled, both give me the http error.

i heard maybe the twitch addon needs to be updated to v1.42, how do i do that ?
So ugh....Twitch must've changed something. Add-on isn't working at all now....even on 1.4.2
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv8