• 36(current)
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv
I think other people were able to use the add-on correctly on the 16.1 version though, not sure.
(2016-10-09, 17:19)Barushkas Wrote: I think other people were able to use the add-on correctly on the 16.1 version though, not sure.

Probably depends on what platform
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn.

The original author was Stateoftheart89 along with CCaspers but has since turned into a community developed project. I've been looking after things for the past few years now and we recently transferred the repository over to my Git account to manage collaborators (the old Git URL still points to the project).

The issue that's being discussed here is outside the scope of the add-on and is currently only affecting users on certain Linux platforms using older versions of Kodi with a specific version of FFMPEG which was compiled without SSL support.

On a side note, Twitch recently added some new quality options which we've integrated and are currently testing prior to releasing to the official repository. It appears some users experiencing the Linux FFMPEG issue are confusing the two very separate issues.

If you'd like me to create a new thread, I'd be happy to but its essentially the same project. Though its worth mentioning at this point that we are in the process of changing the name of the add-on to Twitch on Kodi to bring things into the current naming situation so I wouldn't mind some advice on the best way to transition this on the Official Repository?

Thanks again,

Sprig
I wouldn't really see why you want to change the name to "Twitch on Kodi" as to me that sound quite horrible. I would just stick with "Twitch".. Regardless changing a name doesn't affect anything as long as you keep the addon ID the same.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah of course.. It was previously Twitch TV on XBMC but you're right, it is set up to display in Kodi as 'Twitch' so ignore my irrelevant point in this case (it's been a long day!).

I'll most likely be submitting an update tomorrow with the quality changes.

Cheers,

Sprig
Just a little update for recalbox users.
Unfortunately recompiling FFMPEG with ssl did not solve the issue so I'm now thinking of waiting for the upcoming upgrade to Kodi 16
Hi,

just installed the Twitch addon and don't really know what to do with the OAuth Client ID.
I also don't really get what to enter on the Twitch Connections site.

Can someone explain this to me please
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
For connections site/client id;

Register my application (at the bottom of the page)

Name: whatever you'd like
Redirect URI: http://localhost
Application Category: Application Integration/Other

Register and you'll see a Client ID on the resulting page.

Client id will only matter if the provided one is being limited due to over use, and the OAuth token is the one that will open up your subscribed content
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
So Redirect URI is just http://localhost and not http://localhost/oauth_token?
When I click on 'New Secret', do I have to adjust the token in the addon settings afterwards?
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Either should work just fine, all you need from that process for this scenario is the client id.
Once you've registered your application, and have a client id you can put that in the add-on settings in the appropriate spot. You don't need the secret or anything else from that process.

And the oauth token for the add-on settings can be obtained from http://www.twitchapps.com/tmi/
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
I'll try that.
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Since yesterday its takes like 5 minutes to open "following" & "Games" menus in the twitch addon... Anyone know how i can fix this? Im using Jarvis 16.1 There are no errors in my kodi.log. It opens but it takes so looong... Before it was like instant. Using 1.4.5 TwitchTV

EDIT: Seems Fixed all of a sudden...
Since yesterday I cannot watch or browse twitch anymore.

Kodi is 16.1
Twitch Addon 1.4.5

When I try to play/browse I get a HTTP-Error

kodi.log
Code:
11:26:21 T:140111060645632  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playLive/bonjwa/-2/" matches rule for function "playLive"
11:26:22 T:140112813615424   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/bonjwa/-2/
11:26:37 T:140112012277504  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "createMainListing"
11:26:39 T:140112003884800  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/createListOfGames/0/" matches rule for function "createListOfGames"
11:26:40 T:140112813615424   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.twitch/createListOfGames/0/
11:26:40 T:140112813615424   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.twitch/createListOfGames/0/) failed
11:29:55 T:140112023193344  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/createFollowingList/" matches rule for function "createFollowingList"
11:29:56 T:140112813615424   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.twitch/createFollowingList/
11:29:56 T:140112813615424   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.twitch/createFollowingList/) failed
11:29:59 T:140112306829056   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting

I have no idea what this could be. I haven´t changed anything on the system and afaik there were no addon updates.

Edit: I don´t know if it is related, but the youtube addon stopped working too.
Edit2: Everything is working as expected if you try watch twitch via brwoser

UPDATE:
If anyone else is experiencieng this, this fixed it for me (a python update broke it):
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/14
I had to reload Kodi and tonight, and ever since then, trying to setup Twitch again and running into issues. If I leave it just configured with just my username, I can view whatever streams I follow, and watch live. As soon as I try to add an oauth token to get to VOD's, I get HTTP Errors everywhere. Any thoughts?

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention I tried reloading on Jarvis, and the new release from today for Krypton

Edit yet again: I finally figured it out.. I was entering info in the wrong fields... helps if I'm not trying to fix this late at night while I'm kind of out of it and trying to get it working in time for a stream.
Would you mind elaborating on how you fixed it? I have the same problem.
Where do I have to enter which token? Do I have to keep the prefix "oauth" or not? I have the token and the other token from registered applications.
Getting HTTP errors whenever attempting to watch a vod by URL or ID.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv8