viewing large Playlist?
when i add all my music (which are all on a smb share) to a playlist using the y button, when attempting to have a look at the playlist with the black button (or display on remote) the xbox freezes completely (and the currently playing song freezes). a reboot is necessary. it is approximately 8500 mp3's i am attempting to add. if i only add some of the mp3s, the playlist function is fine. feb 02 build of xbmc
adding 8500 mp3's and there descriptions to a playlist
will probably cause an out of memory exception to occur
remember we only got 64 megs free
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
i thought of that also, but confirmed that it works fine in xbmp 2.4 where it seemed to work flawlessly.
i agree, i've stumbled across this problem too, and in fact one of the things i was hoping to use xbmc for was to play all my mp3s (about 9000 of them) randomly.

you don't need to load all the playlist entries into memory at one time, only enough (or maybe a little bit more) than will fit on one screen.
moving to "bug discussion"
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
viewing large Playlist?0