Switching from HDMI/optical/analogic easily
For now, my HTPC is linked to my TV by HMDI and to my A/V receiver by S/PDIF (optical) and XBMC audio is setup to use optical output.

But it's not "power efficient" to power on my A/V receiver just to watch a 2.0 TV shows or movie Sad

What XBMC 12.0 should be able to do :

- Settings > System > Audio output 1 : Enable and setup audio output 1 (HDMI for me)

- Settings > System > Audio output 2 : Enable and setup audio output 2 (optical/coax for me)

- Settings > System > Audio output 3 : Enable and setup audio output 3 (analog if needed)

Here is a screenshot modded with The Gimp :

Now, on XBMC, when pressing Mute (or other key) on remote/keyboard and XBMC is not playing something, XBMC switch from audio output 1 to audio output 2. Press Mute again and XBMC switch to Audio output 3 (if enabled) or Audio output 1.

So it's WAF compliant and it's ecological Big Grin

Is it a good idea ? Is it possible ? Maybe that Audio Engine provide this feature ?
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Hi,

i really think this would be a great solution - is anyone working on somthing like this?

i own a intel nuc with 2 hdmi outputs one is connected to my tv and one to my avr - with frodo i need to
change the audio hdmi output in the system area - is there any shortcut to do this?

thanks
lg
Alois
No, requests to make GUI settings more complicated will not be accepted.
I don't see the Mute-Button becoming a big hit either, but having different audio profiles that could be swichted via shortcut could be a winner IMHO.
For sure it should be not complicated - maybe only activated as 'advanced' setting ...

Or if possible only an api call which allows to directly change audio settings (in my case switching the hdmi audi output...)

AL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching from HDMI/optical/analogic easily0