Skip back after video un-pause
New thread copied from this thread, since this is now about the add-on and not the feature request.

See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240616

I don't think this exists (at least I didn't find it after searching for awhile). The feature I want is that after every un-pause, the video should skip back a few seconds. This would fix the problem of missing a few seconds of audio around each un-pause operation.
or you could manually skip back (since you have to manually un-pause anyways)
Sound starts for me the moment I start playback back up.
(2012-06-27, 04:30)Ned Scott Wrote: Sound starts for me the moment I start playback back up.

Windows? HDMI Linux is not so lucky sadly. When I pause a passthru stream the AV switches to "All Channel", then has to switch back when unpaused. I believe it's to do with HDMI negotiation but it's a known issue, especially AMD.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
On my Mac OS X 2009 laptop, my ATV1+BCHD+Crystalbuntu (linux), and my ATV2 (iOS). However, I don't have a receiver, so that might be the reason?
I expect so Smile Going from my bad memory I believe you are supposed to created a new HDMI connection on changing output in the specs. Start, in say 2 channel, so negotiate that, but then you play a DD or DTS so it rips that down and opens a new one. Takes a second or so on my AV. I believe Windows just opens it and leaves it open and you can patch the nVidia driver on Linux to do the same. Like I say, it's quite well known and a right PITA Smile
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
(2012-06-27, 04:21)isamu.dragon Wrote: or you could manually skip back (since you have to manually un-pause anyways)

I could...but I don't want to Tongue
Yea this happens on my Acer Revo over HDMI, but even if the hardware didn't do this, I think I would still want this feature in the following situation:

Something loud happens (phone rings, someone starts talking, etc.) and then you hit pause after a little because your looking for the remote/keyboard (not paying attention the movie anymore). And inevitably you end up missing the last few seconds before you paused. I don't mind re-watching 5-10 seconds of movie, but 30 seconds gets a little excessive.

(2012-06-27, 12:51)Mizaki Wrote: I expect so Smile Going from my bad memory I believe you are supposed to created a new HDMI connection on changing output in the specs. Start, in say 2 channel, so negotiate that, but then you play a DD or DTS so it rips that down and opens a new one. Takes a second or so on my AV. I believe Windows just opens it and leaves it open and you can patch the nVidia driver on Linux to do the same. Like I say, it's quite well known and a right PITA Smile

A reason to keep using an optical S/PDIF connection to my receiver (other than my receiver being too old for HDMI audio) ...

(2012-06-27, 17:18)madmax209 Wrote: Something loud happens (phone rings, someone starts talking, etc.) and then you hit pause after a little because your looking for the remote/keyboard (not paying attention the movie anymore). And inevitably you end up missing the last few seconds before you paused. I don't mind re-watching 5-10 seconds of movie, but 30 seconds gets a little excessive.

That does sound like a valid use case to me, and one which I've encountered as well several times.
I bet the button on your remote could be directed to a script that did "play/pause" then "small step back". I don't know much about scripting, though.
We really need three options to make that viable - big step, small step and really small step Wink

The one thing I really miss from MediaPortal is the multi-sized jumps ... press Skip forwards/backwards a number of times and it gradually increases the size of the jump you'll do e.g. press once and wait - 5 second jump; press twice quickly then wait - 30 second jump; 3 times - 2 minutes; 4 times 5 minutes, etc (skip times configurable). But that discussion has been had before on these forums and the XBMC developers prefer the current behaviour.
Using AMD (A6 3500) with windows here, and a receiver - there is about a seecond withotu sound on resume. No biggy for me though.

Using my ION boxes to the same receiver - no sound gap at all.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
This would be a nice feature.

However, I find the small step back only works 75% of the time. Sometimes, the video jumps forward. Even using rewind doesn't always work, as it goes forward sometimes as well.

Has happened on both my Xbox and ION box across multiple releases (for longer than I can remember)

The only thing that works everytime is DVD chapter positions. Wish this was fixed...and I only use basic 1:1 DVD backups to ISO format.

ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
That's the notorious and ever unfixed dvd ff/rw bug. Only happens with DVDs though (and there's other wierdness to with the remote in there). I guess it's inconsistency between DVDPlayer and PAPlayer remote mappingHuh
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(2012-06-28, 08:35)bossanova808 Wrote: That's the notorious and ever unfixed dvd ff/rw bug. Only happens with DVDs though (and there's other wierdness to with the remote in there). I guess it's inconsistency between DVDPlayer and PAPlayer remote mappingHuh

I figured it was some type of bug - even though I hadn't heard of it. DVD is a pretty standard format and as such xbmc should play it perfectly. All my other players do. I guess there are still things only dreams are made of Big Grin

ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Well yeah but DVDs kinda suck and are old hat now - I think everyone has moved on. But hey, make a trac ticket, as I think it's supposed to be fixed...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113928

(and older - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78474, http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5462 - marked as fixed)

(actually, looks liek they fixed rewinf but not small step back, so maybe you do need a new ticket...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip back after video un-pause0