Sorting in "Video File View" issue...
Hi everybody.

I'm new to the forum and let me thank all people that work on this project.
Eden Rocks!
But I got stuck into an issue.
I searched the forum and the wiki finding similar problems but for playlists and Movie Library, instead I use the "Video Files View" to browse my media collection, I've scraped all titles, set the option to ignore articles in sorting and everything works fine but I have these four titles:
  • Wallace and Gromit: A Close Shave (1995)
  • Wallace and Gromit: A Grand Day Out (1989)
  • Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
  • Wallace and Gromit: The Wrong Trousers (1993)
They are in correct alphabetical order but not chronologically and I want them also sorted by date, so I started searching the wiki and found that I can put a *.nfo in the same folder of the movie file with the tag <sorttitle> and magically it should use it for sorting...
So I put "Wallace and Gromit 01", "... 02" and so on, restarted XBMC and... same result.
But if I go into the "Video Library View" under the Set of "Wallace and Gromit" they are sorted correctly using <sorttitle> .

I know that I could use <title> tag to change the Title but it's bad to see:
  • Wallace and Gromit 01: A Grand Day Out (1989)
  • Wallace and Gromit 02: The Wrong Trousers (1993)
  • Wallace and Gromit 03: A Close Shave (1995)
  • Wallace and Gromit 04: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
Where am I wrong?
Could it be that <sorttitle> works only under Movie Library?

Speaking of sorting... I saw someone saying that using the option "Ignore Articles when sorting...", the article was moved at the end...
Why this does not happen to me? Not in "Video Library View" nor in "Video File View"...

Thanks
nfo's are only used in library mode, file mode is based on filename only.
(2012-06-28, 13:08)Tartifless Wrote: nfo's are only used in library mode, file mode is based on filename only.

If that is so, tell me why if I use <title> tag in nfo's placed in movie's directory, browsing in File Mode I read the title as written in the nfo...
File view and Library view are slowly getting merged together, so that File view can act as a kind of Library view, but with folders. This is a new feature in XBMC v11. It brings titles and cover art to File view, but I'm not sure if it brings the full feature set that Library view has.
How about swapping the year and episode title positions so the year takes precedence in filename sorting?
  • Wallace and Gromit: (1989) A Grand Day Out
  • Wallace and Gromit: (1993) The Wrong Trousers
  • Wallace and Gromit: (1995) A Close Shave
  • Wallace and Gromit: (2005) The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Maybe not ideal, but it isn't as unsightly as the example you gave with the manually added sequence numbers (01, 02, etc.).
Just change the sort to sort by year. This is actually the reason it works fine in Sets (the default sort is sort by year there).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So it's a feature not yet implemented in File View... I thought I was doing something wrong...

(2012-06-28, 22:07)jmarshall Wrote: Just change the sort to sort by year. This is actually the reason it works fine in Sets (the default sort is sort by year there).
I already tried but in File View I've only "Sort by Date" that isn't actually the "Sort by Year" in Library View, because when I use it my movies are all mixed up. I think it could be the date of file creation...

(2012-06-28, 21:24)artrafael Wrote: How about swapping the year and episode title positions so the year takes precedence in filename sorting?
  • Wallace and Gromit: (1989) A Grand Day Out
  • Wallace and Gromit: (1993) The Wrong Trousers
  • Wallace and Gromit: (1995) A Close Shave
  • Wallace and Gromit: (2005) The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Maybe not ideal, but it isn't as unsightly as the example you gave with the manually added sequence numbers (01, 02, etc.).
You're right... It isn't so ugly to see Smile

Thank you all!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sorting in "Video File View" issue...0